Would you tell your friend that they were being cheated?

Would you tell your friend that they were being cheated on or wait until your friend finds out that they were being cheated on and act all shocked?

( I would tell my friend if they were being cheated on )

410

Most Helpful Guy

• depends if its a good friend I see a lot yea I would tell them. I know if one of my friends knew my girl was cheating on me and didn't say something and I found out they knew the whole time they'd get hit in the face.

What Guys Said 9

• I would keep my hands out of the situation (Let my friend find out by themselves); and then afterwards, I would be supportive of the situation. If I really cared about that friend, I would "hint" towards something that the other person was doing.

- This keeps my friendships out of "harm's way" and also keeps me from interfering in their friendship.

Example:

- Kate is cheating on josh, and josh is basically a brother to me. Kate was at a party where she was kissing Scott.

Me: "You should talk to kate about the party last weekend, I heard some rumors that need to stop"

Josh: "What do you mean?"

Me: "I heard that she kissed Scott.. Jake was there too if you wanna ask about the rumors"

Josh: *Enraged* "What the hell!?! *Blah blah blah censored blah*"

Me: "I can't say it is or isn't true, but let's figure it out together, come with me I'll take you to kate so we can get this figured out"

~ ArtistBBoy

• I you don't tell your friend then your not a very good friend at all

• Then why do my friends praise me for not getting involved in their situations. This isn't your place to judge me girl. Talking about my status to my friends, and you don't even know me? Haha.. Sounds like a marriage from afar. I want a divorce.

• Absolutely tell them . But it's tricky on how to do it . On the one hand you don't want to come off looking like well a home wrecking trouble maker , yet you must show genuine concern for that friends feelings .

• i'd just tell my friend... he/she deserves to know.

• Of course! It may be hard for them to take in but they deserve to know, but be careful on how you approach they make think your lying

• I would tell them ASAP so they could dump whoever it was

• Yes. It'll preserve your friendship with them and make it stronger.

• I'd try and tell them, if their truly your friend, they'll thank you for it, and also I'd feel less guilty myself

• Yes definitely, always.

• Whats more important friendship or friends happines even if they are being cheated on and don't know it. If they guy is cheating then he might choose one or the other if you don't say anything things can work out by themselves...

What Girls Said 4

• If it were a close friend, I would probably tell them if I knew for sure they were being cheated on. I think cheating is disgusting, and my loyalty lies with my friend, not with their partner. And I would hope that a close friend of mine would tell ME if the situation were reversed and they knew something I didn't. Loyalty is of the utmost importance to me, both in friendships and relationships.

It gets a little stickier when you're equally close with both parties though. I don't like being caught in the middle of things like that because it puts me in a bad position with conflicting obligations. I'm f.ucked up by 'betraying' one friend by telling the other of their own betrayal, even though they're clearly in the wrong. But I'm also f.ucked up if I knew and didn't say anything to the person being betrayed, then I'm in the wrong. Luckily, my friends know this about me and have never put me in this position, knowing that it would tear me apart to be forced to take sides.

• I would tell my friend that they were being cheated on. If I didn't, I'd be a bad friend. Friendships are built on trust and honesty.

• i would tell him/her I think they would desereve to know the truth and if they get mad and don't believe you than they aren't a very good friend

• I would tell my friend that she's being cheated on if she's too in love with the guy I would probably feel too bad to give her the bad news though. It depends...