Boyfriend broke up because he had to let me go and live my life, not ready to see me after fight?

Eggy16
Okay so basically me and my ex had a huge argument and didn't see eachother for 6 weeks but spoke everyday. He wasn't ready to see me because he thinks that things won't be the same and he doesn't feel the same as he used to. He still has feelings for me and he has left me because he can't keep me waiting forever because he isn't ready to see me. He has kept is whatsapp photo as us and said he doesn't want to be with anyone else and doesn't know if we will be together again. He told me he doesn't want me to just disappear and still wants to talk and be friends. Any advice on how to get him back?
+1 y
He said he has to wait and see if his feelings change but doesn't want me hanging on to "maybe" any thoughts?
2
2