My best friend is dating my ex wife, should I be mad?

Best Friend Is Dating My Ex-wife So, I got a text message today from my best friend (who was also the best man at my wedding) telling me that he is in love with my ex wife. My ex left me about two years ago. I was not abusive, didn't drink, do drugs, hit her, etc. She moved back to our home town about an hour away and has moved in with and is apparently "in love" with my best friend. He told me in his text that this didn't cause my divorce or his divorce (his wife left him about a year earlier). We don't live in the same town and I haven't seen her in a year or him since November. Strangely enough I am not breaking down about the whole thing. Haven't cried or gotten really angry, but at the same time this feels like a betrayal. I didn't respond to his message. I just deleted him from my contacts and left him with silence. I guess I am wondering what any one else thinks about the situation. Oh, couple of details. The divorce s finalized about 4 months ago and I just got the final paperwork on her getting her half of my retirement about a week ago. Does this seem funny to anyone else?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it too funny , to be honest. but guess what you are grown up man and has confidence :)

• What about this topic is funny?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all part of God's plan. I can understand that it feels hurtful to you but look at it in a broader perspective:

Do you, at the end of the day, want your ex wife to be happy? As happy as she can be? I think you do. You do, after all, love her, and you've spent much delightful time together.

Do you want your best friend to be happy? Of course you do, he's your best friend. Maybe your relationship will change as a result of this, but you do love him, and so you want him to be happy.

Would you be happy with your wife as she is now? You would not. She left you after all so you're currently not a match for each other.

Try and let it go. Stop trying to evaluate other peoples' behavior, even those closest to you. It will drive you bonkers with zero return on investment of your sanity.

If you can embrace their union, you may even have something truly surprising happen to you. But if accept it is all you can do now, start there.

I hope this gives some perspective. Good luck.

• What kind of advice is THAT? I don't think God condones friends going behind each other's back like this. No offence, but your "advice" is not helpful. It's It's more like you are on THEIR side.

• At the end of the day, if you stay mad and judgmental, you will just make yourself miserable. It's okay, you will get enough one day, when you're miserable enough.

Then you'll learn to just let go and let people do what they want. Even if all your friends agree with you, what will it change?

Just relax and move on :-)