Am I wrong to miss and pray for my ex to return?

I was with a guy who became like a boyfriend to me for two years. We were friends with benefits but deep down it felt like more. I miss him. He ended it of February of this year because he wanted to date new people and I recently about a month ago saw him at Starbucks with someone new.

I was good to him. Gave him back rubs when we hung out, out sex life was great.. I told him I loved him. I tried to help him become a better person and I should be hating him but all I do is miss him and our times together. I know he's not good for me but I saw lots of potential in him and I miss him.

Will he regret losing me? And I don't know what to do in this period of singleness I miss him.

02