Is it ok to sleep with an ex if you're both not seeing anyone?

Also since we broke up he moved to the flat upstairs and still had my body cream by his bath, like he expected to see me again. He kept mentioning things about our past, like do I still cook this meal I made him, and he got up and made me toast and tea like he used to, and more things like that. He said he hasn't been seeing anyone & didn't really want to know if I'd been with anyone, but was curious. He gave me the backpack I bought him to take home and put my laptop in. He said it's a good excuse to see me again.

He mentioned that it's strange but so familiar, and this might mess with our heads, but we can worry about it later. He obviously told his friend I was seeing him, because he showed me a text his friend sent saying me & my ex should meet him at this festival locally.

We're both mature enough. 28 &32 years old, but I'm not sure where we will go from here. We split up amicably. He's asked me twice to meet him, and I finally did, but we didn't speak about our feelings. He's worried about getting old, but I know that he's not a relationship kind of guy. Not a player, but likes his personal space. When we hooked up, he held me all night, but I think that a future with us is doomed, and things could get messy.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If the two of you want to, why not? I did with my ex-wife. We couldn't live together without lots of issues so we divorced. Our sex life was always great. After about 3 months of being divorced, we decided we missed our sex lives. We did this until she met a guy she was interested in. We had agreed we would stop when one of us started seeing someone else. It went on for about 4 months. We still see each other because of our kids, but the sex never happened again.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• So the both of you split up on good terms. It seems like him living upstairs has really done wonders for him and that has made him get closer to you. I'm sure there are feelings there, but what you have now seems like it's working. Don't expect anything more then just allowing for your emotions and his to become more stronger. At the end of the day he goes back to his place and your in yours. If you want that, well that's entirely up to you.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It's okay, as long as there is no expectation of anything more than sex. But from what you've described and told is that it sounds like you two still have feelings for each other, but don't want to bring it up for being afraid of revealing the truth of how you honestly feel for each other. You two need to Sit down and chat things out and figure out what it is you two really want and go from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never. Same issues that caused the breakup will still be there.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can separate sleeping and feelings then sure.
    But that doesn't seem to be the case from the way you are talking about it.

I have slept with my ex a bunch of times but we have been on chill terms, your situation sounds too sentimental and with a potential to lead into drama.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Its really up to you. At the end of the day if the break up was clean with no bad blood and you want to, then fine. But if you don't see it going anywhere and you're writing on here about it maybe you have issues with it and its not good to. Lots of couples hook up afterwards again for flings. Just realise that's all it may be.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes