What's the main reasons why most relationships don't last?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Lack of trust for each other. Lack of conpromise. Lack of clear communication or lack of communication. Unwilling to cooperate and work together on the relationship, mistakes and fighting can and will happen but both parties must be willing to forgive each other and keep moving forward and not constantly holding grudges towards each other and constantly blaming each other. Having unrealistic expectations and goals for the relationship and as well as for themselves and their partner.

Also, the younger someone marries the less likely the marriage would last long the last I've checked. And then sometimes it takes a second time or third or more before they finally found each other to be a perfect fit for each other. Other times they don't and it never fit or ever works out no matter what.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Selfishness is one of the key factor in a deteriorating relationships. Many people are just in it for all the wrong reasons. Especially when it comes to a sexual relationship. It just becomes harder to move on.

Failed relationships are Intentional. Somebody has to want to get out somehow in someway. They don't usually know how or when, but they just do. Cheating is intentional, as well as a person deliberately pulling back.

Bitterness and Un-forgiveness is another one. As many times I have spoken to people for years, there is always a person or both that just can't let go from another persons transgressions. They don't forgive and their angry, secretly bitter. It's a poison just waiting to be released. It's enough to stagnate the relationship and making it unhealthy. Which brings me to another point.

Stagnation of the Overall growth in a relationship is another problem.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Usually its mismatch. Peoppegoing for what they 'want' rather than what works better

For example, a common situation, going for the guy/girl visually pleasing to the eye rather than going for someone that maybe is a notch or two lower but you'd connect better

0|0
    0|0
  • Im sure u girls aren't stuid enough to figured out that guys get into relationships just to get laid. Free smex 👌🏼
    Otherwise there's no purpose to chase girls if they dont have a puss in pants. I mean puss in boots 😉

0|2
    4|0
  • Laziness, selfishness, having too many options to choose from, and viewing your partners as replaceable. People are always on the look for someone better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the biggest reason why most relationships don't last is lack of communication when it's desperatley needed.

1|2
    0|0
  • Lack of communication

Lack of spending quality time
    together.

Some couples spend too much
    together and should really give
    each other breathing space

0|0
    0|0
  • There can be many reasons:

1. Lack of trust due to any reasons.

2. Flirty nature of one partner.

3. One partner playing mind games on the other and trying to test them in immature ways.

4. Always lying to the other person and hence lack of truthfulness and honesty.

5. One partner cheating on the other. One of the most common reasons.

6. Lack of compatibility. Some people give lots of importance to compatibility factor and it's possible that the two partners were stark opposites of one another and so the relationship doesn't last long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication, commitment, and the easy access to sex and other options

0|0
    0|0
  • relationships are like fat people, most of them don't work out.

2|1
    0|0
  • The people in them and them lacking even the most fundamental things for a relationship to work.

1|0
    0|0
  • People don't compromise or put their partners needs before theirs

0|0
    0|0
  • lack of trust, broken trust, not making compromises and sacrifices, not having good understanding

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with communication. Can't solve problems without it.

0|0
    0|0
  • lack of commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time and compatibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • No trust/broken trust!

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much commitment and trust

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad decisions

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently the big causes of marriages breaking up are issues around sex and issues around money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Instead of finding someone that has similar morals and similar life/family expectations, women go more for someone with more money, and men go for someone based too much on looks for good sex. Eventually they realize they are a bad match in the important parts and split. Too bad they usually have kids by then and the kids suffer for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • lack of, or miscommunication

2|0
    0|0
  • trial and error is common today

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of understanding, appreciation, communication and compromising.

0|0
    0|0
  • Them side chicks put out more so you switch ships 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • because it takes time to learn whether or not you match (in other words, most relationships dont last, only rarely first-time-love works out)

to make matters worse, young people think they know everything. i remember when my 14 year old sister said "this is the one". that relationship lasted 4 months. few years later, when she was 21, she decided she was old enough to get married. divorced a year later.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• Communication

Different expectations

A partner gets 'comfortable'. The attraction fades (physical, sexual, etc).

Difference in priorities. One wants kids, the other wants to travel the world and explore before settling down. IF they settle down.

0|0
    0|0
  • People aren't really committed to the person they're with and to being PARTNERS. They get into relationships for selfish reasons and/or with unrealistic expectations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication
    Trust
    That one person caring for the other more than that person cares for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication and cheating, I'd say.
    I see so many questions on here all the time where the asker wants to know what their partner is thinking or feeling. And every single time I think to myself "why don't you just ask him/her that instead of asking strangers online?"
    I also see lots of questions where the asker, or their partner, is being really petty and shutting them out. Ignoring them, dropping contact, playing hard to get etc. To me, all of these things will only drive them away even more. Silence won't solve the problem, you solve problems by talking things out.
    And a lot of the time, lack of communication will make them grow apart, and one of them might stray and end up cheating on the other. So sometimes they go hand in hand; lack of communication -> cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Taking each other for granted. Just assume the person is there whatever you do or dont do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unable to be open with each other about the difficult or small things

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication and dedication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, monogamy isn't natural.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lack of communication
    Lack of trust
    Jealousy

0|0
    0|0
  • Miscommunication and dishonesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication and commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bc most times the guy cares more about how he looks to others rather than expressing and doing his own way of thinking and feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it has to do with not taking the time or putting in the effort to keep the relationship. So many people break up over stupid things instead of talking out the issue or issues they fight and break up. You won't be in a happy long term relationship if you dump everyone once any kind of conflict shows.
    The second reason would be infidelity and/or lying. It is so easy to tell the truth to your S/O and it is even easier not to sleep with or kiss another person who isn't your S/O.

0|0
    0|0
  • lack of communication, if people sat down and talked their problems through, listened to each other and actually tried to find common ground then they should be able to make it through anything

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes