Does the no contact rule apply?

My ex and I dated for 1 year and 3 months. When we broke up at first it was just a "temporary break" for us to work on ourselves, however it became more permanent. Months later he told me it was because I didn't care about what he wanted anymore, but I don't understand how he could have thought that... He was always my highest priority...All I wanted was to make him happy. Now a year and a month has gone by and I still can't get him out of my head. I've tried dating other people but it feels WRONG. When we broke up, I handled it badly (calling him, texting him, telling him I loved and missed him, etc). Anyways, this continued for months with a few weeks in between each incident. The last incident ended with him saying "In a nutshell, I don't love you anymore. Don't want to be with you. Never want to be again..."

After the break up, he didn't answer my texts or anything, even after we had become civilized. And he now avoids me like the plague, even though I have been nothing but nice to him for many months now. I know I pushed him away, and I have acknowledged e mistakes I made and changed in many ways, but I fear he will always remain stuck on the person used to be. He made mistakes as well, I know that I cannot take the entirety of the blame.

I am using the no contact rule to try and move on (26 days), and if he comes back then that'd be great... but I am just wondering guys, what are my chances of his coming back? After hurting each other so much, is there any hope that he might realize what he lost and forgive me as I have him? Does the no contact rule apply when he doesn't want you back?
Does the no contact rule apply?
2
1