Should I leave him for cheating?

Me and my boyfriend have been together about 8 months. Today he revealed to me that when we first started dating, he cheated on me with a random girl who's name he doesn't even remember. I'm not as mad about the cheating as I am about the lying for so long. During the time he cheated, we hadn't had sex yet. Actually the same month it happened, that's the month we finally had sex. I don't blame myself for his lack of self control. But I do kind of understand why he felt the need to seek out something I wasn't giving him. Nevertheless, I would have respected him more for just ending things or just talking to me honestly. I told him to give me a day to decide if I still want to be with him. I would like to work things out but I don't want to look stupid or for him to think he can get away with anything and everything. So should I give him a chance to prove himself or leave him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i can't blame him
    sitting there with waiting for sex
    men have needs lie women too
    i m not saying his deeds were okay
    if i were him and u said no sex i wouldn't waste time with u no offense

0|1
    2|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He knew I was a virgin when he meet me.
      You're only a year older than him I see.
      At what age do you all stop being dumb fucks?

• Show All
    • Hmmm funny he says I'm the most amazing woman he's ever met. Then again all you men do is lie...

• dont be bitter or a quitter
      18-24 very young
      that idiot why he did tell u

Most Helpful Girl

• "Seek out something I wasn't giving him", thats still no excuse, if you guys were open and communicated there would be no confusion on what relationship he was in and not to have expectations. If you feel that you can forgive him then you have to make sure you're not going to later resent him or hold it against him in the future and move on in your relationship if the answer is no then you just leave.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Give him a chance. He told you what he did.. He felt regret.

1|0
    2|0
  • If you weren't even having sex with him yet, he was in my mind a "free agent". You have no claim on that ass at that time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him most cheaters will cheat again... have some self respect, go for the short pain, you willo find someone who is worthy of you

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with all the ladies, leave him.

2|0
    0|0
  • Are you crazy?

0|0
    0|0
    • No I'm in love

• For 8 months? I'm sorry, but you can do better my friend. What I think you are, is confused, and hurt. If you call, what you wrote love. Your highly mistaken and dont know what love is. Because you must be crazy trying to go back to that.

Most likely your without doubt attractive. Most woman are. I bet you can find love elsewhere. Thats a complete pice of trash, if you ask me. And I hope he learns his lesson. Because if you get back with him. Whats that solve?

• You sound overly self-entitled. You should do HIM a favor and leave.

1|0
    5|0
    • You must be single

• No, sugar-tits, I just know how to keep my woman in line.

What Girls Said 12

• He came honestly to you. Even though he cheated, you won't find that honestly much anymore. I have to disagree with everyone else and say stay with him.

1|4
    0|0
  • To be honest I would leave him, you deserve better but I know how hard it is to be in love with someone and you want to forgive them trust me I've been there and done that but it ended up me getting hurt again so I would just leave him there's plenty of other wonderful guys xxx

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people on here will tell you to dump his ass, and usually I'm the same, but the fact is, he came to you about it, so he clearly feels guilty and has a conscience. The biggest factor is though, is that he was honest. That's crucial, and I think should be the main reason why you should try to work things out with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • GIIIRL leave his sorry ass. Sure it happened awhile ago but he lied to you and I truly believe once a cheater always a cheater. if you cheat, you're trash. I don't care what the situation was, people always wanna say "you need to help them grow" nah he's not a plant he's just stupid asf

0|0
    0|0
  • If you believe that this time things will go better thin give him a nother chance. You need to set down some rolls for him and if he dose it aging then say good bye

0|0
    0|0
  • OF COURSE! If a guy cheats on you they're not the right guy. Dump him!

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously.

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on and dump his cheating ass!!!

0|0
    0|1
  • When someone cheats in a relationship, regardless of when in the relationship they cheated , then cheating will always be their potential.

Cheating was his decision , staying with him is yours. So if he betrays you again then all you can do is tell yourself... you knew what his future potential was. He's already showed you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes dump him you deserve better he shouldn't have cheated in the first place you will find someone better in life if you wasted 8 months with his sorry ass is OK girl your worth it you have VALUEđź’— he's not worth your timeđź’Şflex on that boy and make him your ex

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't even have to read this.

YES.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes