Should I call my ex boyfriend?

We broke up a week ago, together over 3 years. I wasn't home when he got all his things and left. He called me 2 days later and told me over voice mail why he left. He is 39, I am his first girlfriend. He said he left because he didn't want to get married, but I haven't talked about that for a long time. Now, should I call him back? I'm assuming he just called to tell me why he did what he did, but I wasn't home when he called, so he left message saying for me to call him back. He said he still loved me and didn't want to lose me as a friend.

Should I call him back? Did he call to ease the guilt and tell me what happened?

or is he calling because he wants to keep contact?

I still haven't called him for a week, and I don't know what to do.

We hardly ever fought, and were very compatible and everything was just fine in our lives before we broke up.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i think you should take it one day at a time. when guys feel like they are done, and they throw the towel in first, it should be taken as a blessing in disguise. I learned this the hard way, I once had a boyfriend who did the same but he actually wanted to marry soon and I wanted to concentrate on school. he left and I begged him back. the relationship was awkward and didn't feel the same afterwards, I knew it wouldn't go back to the way it was before and sure enough it didn't last and the heartbreak was harder to deal with the second time around. if you take it one day at a time, and tell yourself, today I am not going to call him and you don't the next day do the same. talk to other people develop platonic relationships with girls and guys while you sort things out in your mind and regain your "strength". I know it is hard, but you have to give yourself time and space away from him to try and become better and not develop hate, anger or depression. time is essence but so is your role in trying to live in a better light, with more focus on you than on him. good luck.