Why do guys cheat?

I know this gets asked a lot, but honestly- what is it? Are they bored with the relationship? Do they think that they'll get away with it and still have things the way they were with their old girlfriend, or would they really prefer to be with the other person? I know that not all guys cheat, just like some girls are cheaters too, so I'm not trying to rip on guys in general. I really want to would make a guy who claims to love and care deeply for his girlfriend leave her for some hoe (I'm not just saying that, all of his friends agree with me on this one). Is 'once a cheater, always a cheater' really true? I'm starting to really think so, but anyway, comments would be helpful.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if a guy is a cheater and gets away with it then he'll continue to do what he has been doing. IF he gets caught and the girls leaves him, he might change. I think guy would cheat because they're not getting what they want from a relationship. Young guys usually have a hard time staying with just one girl and want to experience other girls and pursue and conquest, etc. Maybe they want the excitement of the beginning of a relationship, just like girls often cheat for. It can be a number of diff things.

What Guys Said 4

• Simply for a lack of interest. There are many reasons, but the younger they are, the most obvious reason is boredom. Moving on to the next new thing makes "more" sense in their mind. Keep in mind that this goes for both parties. The other main reason being lack of maturity and proper upbringing or peer pressure.

• For the same reasons women cheat. It's not a guy thing.

• for the same reasons that woman cheats

• I would never cheat on you. *Schwing*.. Cheaters can change. I was always quite the ladies man and unfortunately can say I cheated on every girl I ever dated except one. This one won me over.. was my everything, my angel. The candy apple of my eye. I poured my all into us and our relationship over the 4 years we were together and never ever cheated.. She eventually left me (unrelated to cheating) and broke my heart. But regardless, I never cheated and never plan to in future relationships.

What Girls Said 2

• I think once a cheater always a cheater but just to make sure you can give asecond chance if you really really care for the guy.

I think you have all the reasons listed why guys cheat. I think they're the same reasons why women cheat... why anyone would cheat.

• Well I'm not a guy so I'm just guessing but I think guys cheat because they think they can get away with it, taking more than they can get. But personally I believe girls cheat because another guy gives her attention, and she loves it, so tries to "be like a guy" and have their cake and eat it too.