Which is worse on a child, fighting parents or divorced parents?

Anonymous
Do you think it would be worse for a kid to endure a divorce between parents (they notice things are not working out after fighting between them and go their separate ways- still loving their children fully)... Or a kid to endure fighting parents, never divorced, being hateful towards eachother most of their marriage?

from a child's perspective. I see many people's lives get wary as soon as divorce hits their parents. For example, Kurt Cobain comes to mind because his parents divorced when he was young. He said he had a good childhood until then. (Of course "good" can mean anything). Since that divorce it had been hard on a boy like Kurt. He did do drugs and drop out of highschool. Perhaps a result that stemmed from the divorce? I know another woman who says after her mothers divorce her life almost went down the drain... Divorce brought upon a child is something that makes me intensely sympathetic and sad for a child.

and on the other hand there are some children that have never seen their parents happy together, but together none the less. In fact a girl I know once told me the first memory she has in her life (the earliest) was of her about 3 years old, peaking out down the hallway at night, watching her parents spit words at eachother. Not knowing what words REALLY meant, the intensity and volume made her shake. Watching her parent run down the hall with blood gushing all over their face, with the exact same drunk expression, drunk eyes, drunk frown that she sees almost every night. But her parents are still together. Still cheating, and drunken hatred. But at least they can say they have a whole family.

What do you think is generally worse on a child or the significance?

thank you.
1
3