Ex-boyfriend want us to remain as friends. Is this healthy?

Boyfriend broke up with me because he cannot deal with being in long distance relationship. He said he does not want to hurt me & he is unhappy when we are not together & he was becoming impatient with me not being able to move to his state (I applied to leave my job but it is taking some time). However he wants us to maintain a friendship, because we were best friends. I love him a lot, I am an emotional wreck and my heart is shattered, I am having a tough time dealing with this. I did not want the relationship to end, but I had to respect his decision to break it off cause his happiness is important to me.
Should I remain friends with him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's up to you. I'm not one to keep exes around as friends as that wasn't their purpose. Also it makes it easier to get with someone else as they are more at ease when you don't have exes lurking around to make them feel secure. However I never went out with a friend then turned them into something more.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's entirely up to you. If you're alright with being friends with him, then by all means.
    But if it hurts you and makes it hard for you to move on, then maybe not :(
    His reasons for wanting to break it off seem very reasonable, but that doesn't mean it makes it any easier. I'm sorry you're hurting :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• That depends on how your relationship ended

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing happened to me spouse filed for divorce but told she wanted to remain friend's and that she would like to come over at least once a month to visit me and our pet. I agreed. It all depends how you feel. Stay strong and positive. This happened a few weeks ago. Some days I'm ok others I struggle but I keep going.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Just because your romantic relationship didn't work out doesn't mean your friendship can't. I am still friends with a few of my ex's, and we have very happy healthy relationships. Last weekend I went to my ex's wedding, it was BEAUTIFUL!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you think you can handle seeing him move on with his life. If not then apoligize and let him go. If things are meant to be you two will find your way back to each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • you might tell him you need time to heal. I assume you are not still trying to move there?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes