Is the Brangelina break-up truly worthy of it's wide news coverage?

It has been quite a debate for some people on whether or not the Brangelina break up should really matter. Couples file for divorce on the daily, some with kids and others without, so what makes this couple so worthy of news besides being famous for their talent? Should their break be covered because it can "inspire" other couples? Or is it such pointless news in which people could be using the time to cover bigger issues?

What do you think?

1321

Most Helpful Guy

• This celebrity break-up is very significant because of the charitable work that they both do. In particular, Angelina is a spokeswoman for the United Nations and open about her surgery to prevent cancer. What she has gone through and has done is very humanitarian and she is a role model in many ways - especially since growing up after marrying Billy Bob Thornton. This is part of that is another reason why Brad left Jennifer Anniston for her: Angelina was into kids as was Brad, but Jennifer didn't want kids just yet. Rumor on the street is that Brad and Angelina have significant parenting differences. I have a feeling that Brad is being a more traditional disciplinarian while Angelina is not. She has issues with her father, conservative actor John Voight, while Brad interacts with him quite a bit. Also, there was something about some home that they had. She wanted to sell it - I forget why - but he didn't. So, I think all of these took their toll. Still, this is very big newsworthy breakup because they are both "A-Listers". Not even Kimye is at that status.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its sad how people make a big deal out of things that shouldn't be a big deal and then they don't give a crap about important problems going on in reality. That doesn't mean keep on watching the news 24/7 but damn, no break up is our business, so lets just calm down and focus on important things that can actually affect our lives.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes, this is a huge deal! 2016 needs to be called off because of this turn of events.

They were the greatest love story of all time, not rivaled by any other in reality or fiction.

She is the most beautiful woman the world has ever seen!

He is the most handsome man the world has ever had the privilege of witnessing!

This is big deal.

• They are so overrated and neither are good looking not even in the slightest bit.

• @MysteriousDarkness No, you're wrong! She is more beautiful than Helen of Troy! And Adonis had nothing on Brad Pitt! They are the best-looking people of all time, in history or fiction! All time! ALL TIME!

• Yes. Couples divorce every day. The difference is they are nobodies who no one gives a fuck about or admires or respects or even knows.

Human brains would explode if the news covered nothing but decay and doom. Seriously. Try it. Watch CNN for 18 hours. See how revved up you feel to solve problems afterwards. It's fucking depressing, and you can do literally shit about it. You think somehow knowing that terrible things are happening makes a difference? The people who want to make a difference, do. The people who don't give a shit, can't, or won't, won't be swayed by watching nothing but doom and gloom and/or "focusing on bigger issues." If people want to make a difference, they will *seek out* bigger issues. And those bigger issues are still being reported. But ti the masses who can't or won't do anything? Why would it even matter? What about you, for instance. You are part of this. You're essentially advertising their divorce, instead of focusing on bugger issues. Couldn't you focus on bigger issues instead of this? You could be feeding homeless people at a shelter and actually making a difference. So why aren't you?

Entertainment is necessary. Fuck me, I'm actually defending celebrity gossip. It's time for bed. Well, my point remains.

But what exactly do you think focusing on bigger issues in the media will do? It achieves nothing, in itself. The news may as well be Brad Pitt and Jolie divorcing, because it'll make just as much difference as them focusing on Syrian refugees an ocean away or some 10 year old boy who was molested and shot in the head. Knowing that doesn't change shit. It just makes you depressed and fucks up your day. That's why Brangelina is so popular. Because people have their own problems to deal with, and hearing about a Hollywood power couple who fucked up *doesn't* make them feel like shit.

But maybe im wrong. What would it change? What would be the purpose of the media focusing on bigger issues?

• Nope

• No definitely not

• It's not even worth these fucking GAG questions.

• Just another waste of time to keep us distracted from the real realities of the world.

• I don't care what two random people in the world do -_-

• Think of it from this angle. The media house , when they cover such stories get more favorable response from public , then if they cover the same type of stories about average people like you and me. So because such stories get good audience response and satisfies their purpose of existence which is to make profits , they willingly cover such stories in preference to other good topics.

• That's called pandering to the lowest common denominator. It's truly a crime against civilized society and leads only to stagnation of intellect and social values.

• You can't opt out, the millennial generation fucked us all. The only out is death.

• @Gommers I appreciate the fact that you want me to discuss more and more. but right now I think the discussion is too hot for me. to handle. Your words are getting stronger and stronger or should I say wilder and wilder. I need you to cool down , have some coffee and calm your nerves.

• its a sad reflection on society that its deemed more news worthy than 430 refugees drowning in the med on the same day but thats the BBC for you

• To be honest, I care less about that than I care about the Brad and Angelina split. And I don't care about that at all.

• Personally I think it is newsworthy, only because the people themselves are newsworthy. Celebrities I. America are our royalty, like it or not. It is what it is. I'm interested, and so is everyone esle if they are being honest.

P. s. If you comment on this. You are interested, or you wouldn't have clicked on this my take

• Would the media cover a middle class couple going through a divorce? No so what makes their divorce any more special that it should be in the media? Nothing does. They are way overrated.

• @MysteriousDarkness what makes it more special is that everyone knows who they are,. If it was a middle class couple you knew or knew of, you'd at least want to hear if they got a divorce more than likely. Same with these two.

• @Nothanks700 Less than.001% ofthe people that know them personally know the outside of the media.

• Who are they?

All i know is they adpot rainbow children
    He cheated on that chick from friends
    He was in world war z (it sucked ass)
    She had like a famous leg picture or somthing
    She play thw tiger in kung fu panda
    Of i think aome kind of activist for some kind of rights

Other than that ehh why do i care. They dont really do much.

There boring people

• Hell no, yeah its sad they are going through that but there's a million things way way more important to report about then another celebrity failed marriage

• no, not really.

• who the hell cares

• nope, its just bullshit in my opinion.

• no it isn't

• Its not worthy of news coverage even in the slightest bit. There are way more important things going on in this world. Its not like they are the first couple to go through divorce.

• Who?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• No it isn't but its so much more important then what's happening in Charlotte or racism in the force that it's making all the headlines

• Lol, no of course not. But it's in the news cuz they know people like gossip and and they'll read/watch anyway

• It's pointless news but people take interest because they have nothing better to do.

• Of course not.

• No no no no no no

• No it's not. It's only for people who are so bored with their own lives that they love gossip. I don't even pay attention to the people who I know in real life who get a divorce in less they need me to be there for them. I am sick and tired of seeing it about this on the News and all the sites I go to.

• News agencies need their share of clicks to show enough ads to us to pay their reporters. Obviously there are too many people who have no life and need to read about the life of others.

• there's too much of it in the media. jeezz..

• I don't think it's a big deal that their divorce is covered considering that their whole relationship was covered. Plus it's a bit of trivial news among all the wars and accidents. Although I'd rather they include news about scientific research as well.

• The news is something that would encourage people to read it. So yes it is. The only reason I brought a news paper the other day was to read about this

• Omg she looks like a bag of bones

• Even though I like them...

No.