Is this the right choice?

There's this guy who is the first guy I ever told "I love you." to. We've been together for almost over a year, but for the past month and a half, we've been kinda off. He's been acting different and a few days ago he told me that he's falling for his girl best friend. He gave me a bunch of reasons to why we're not good for each other and how she's been there for him for everything, but he tells me he still loves me and will always care for me. He also said he doesn't want to date either of us because it's not fair, so he's not choosing anyone. But I think I might tell him to be with his best friend instead because she's been there for him, comforted him when we were fighting, and she grew up with him. It hurts me a lot, but I've felt a bit happier when we broke up because lately I've been sad because of our relationship, and even though I don't like this I think it's best. We still talk today, but am I making the right decision by telling him to be with her?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I just had to the do the exact same thing and I know how it hurts. Fortunately, it only hurts for a little while. You did a great act of love. You let him go. You put his troubles and his heart before you. Yes. You did the right thing. However, now you have to focus on you both physically and mentally. I wouldn't even talk to him for a while. Just go out and run, try's new look, hang out with your friends and be happy. This kid may not know what he wants now. He will probably go date this girl for a while, but by moving on two things could happen... you will forget about the pain and meet someone that totally digs you or he may return to you as he may feel that the other girl was not what he hoped she would be. Either way, think of the possibilities as exciting mysterious paths in your future.

What Guys Said 0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• If you care for him, you should want him happy! It might hurt, but you are young, you will find someone just right for you when the timing is right! It hurts, but time will help you move on!

• Yes it is