Guys, Why does he want me when I lose interest in him?

Anonymous
So i met this guy this summer at my work. He used to work there a year ago and came back this summer. I was super flirty towards him bc i thought he was cute and he defiantly was flirty back. So one day he asked me if i wanted to go to dinner with him and his family. I did and long story short we started dating. Everything was great he seemed as though he was reallllly into me from the beginning and so was i. Then towards the end of the summer he broke it off with me bc he felt like we disagreed a lot and also bc he had school which was an hour and an half away from where i was. Ok... yes i was devasated i didn't want to break up and didn't want to lose him. He said he could see us getting together in the "future" i saw this as a bullshit excuse. So the next month i tried everything to get him back. He still stayed in contact with me but still didn't want to be with me. FINALLY i was dont trying. I felt like i was his backup plan so i stopped all contact with him and starting talking and seeing other people. One day one of the guys i was talking to came up to my work to surprise me and we talked for maybe 10 mins. My ex saw this and got very very upset. He text me that night asking if we could hang out and i said no. Then the next day he told me how much he missed me and want me back. I said no to that also bc i mean really dude? Since then we have been talking "as friends" i really miss him but dont want to get hurt again still feeling like he's just using me. He asked me to hang out again later on and i said sure, then when it came around to it he said he couldnt bc he had homework (then why would you ask if you knew you had homework?) But i was understanding. He texts me every morning with good morning :) and we almost talk everyday all day. Im starting to have hard feelings for him and now he's starting to lose interest again. He barely texts and never wants to hang out. Whats his deal? Is he scared of compentment? Should i just forget about this guy and move on?
Guys, Why does he want me when I lose interest in him?
Add Opinion