My boyfriends mother sent him a picture of another girl... WTH?

we have been dating for four years and we live in different cities
his mother has known the whole time
I meet her personally last year at his graduation
she's muslim and I'm not covered up we got into a argument over that (me and the mother)
honestly I don't believe in religion and my boyfriend knows this
ever since I met them he has been acting distant
the day I got in a argument with his mother he was fine but then he went on a walk with his mother and came back yelling at me
that was months ago
he phone was busy for two days
so I log on to his fb to see if his been replying to anyone else
and there I see unread messages from me and his mother
(he's the one who wanted to have each other's passwords FYI I was Against it)
so her message had like 6 missed calls I click on it and there is a picture of a covered girl
the woman only speaks Arabic so I google translate the conversation before the picture and I swear it was like I was punched in the stomach
she explaining that the girl is an engineer and covered and religious they talk about her and then she sends the picture
when I send the picture he doesn't reply for hours. Then I block and remove him from my phone and every app except 1(I was getting sleepy I forgot)
he blows up my phone and when I finally replied his defense what yeah his mother sent the picture but. "he didn't like her" so if I wasn't pretty god know what would have happened
what should I do? Honestly I feel sick to my stomach. I feel as though he should have stopped her as soon as she brought another girl up but he didn't

i don't know who else to talk to about this... I'm so ashamed of what happened

22

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the problem with most intra-relationships. People use culture and religion to set boundaries. Well nothing to be done, you have to respect these line of differences unless your boyfriend sees things the same way as you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats the problem with religious people, the parents want a partner for their kid who is exactly like them. This mother may never approve of you because they are religious. He either needs to tell his mom to back the F off or you need to find a man who is not religious and does not listen to his mommy all the time.