Can you give me advice on how to fix a broken heart?

My ex cut me out of his life. It's probably the best thing he could have done for me because he treated me terribly. I miss the good times so much. It just felt like it was meant to be. How do I stop believing that he's going to come back to me and be a changed man? I didn't deserve what he did to me and I'm so afraid of relationships now because I was fooled and I've become aware that it could happen again so easily. How do I move on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I recently went through something similar.

Honestly all those good times were a lie. If he treated you terribly he's not a good guy. He may have acted like one at times but his intentions with you were never good. Whether he lied to you, cheated on you, hit you, verbally abused you whatever, his intention was never to love and support you and make you happy. People who treat their SOs like garbage, especially the ones who cut them out completely afterwards instead of at the least checking in on them, got into the relationship to satisfy themselves and no one else in the first place. He didn't and doesn't care for you and he doesn't deserve you even if he really did change. And for the record most people don't. Find you someone who treats you well ALWAYS

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Time my friend. I'm sorry, it's the worst feeling ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop dating the jerks. Oh you are 18-24? Good luck with that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah because those 25-29 guys are so much better...

• @Nuala Nope. They are bad too. Women begin to like the long term material men when they reach 35.

What Girls Said 2

• Duck tape... but seriously, remember the bad times remember that even if he dose come back the relationship won't get better. Check out other guys, not saying you should jump into another relationship (infact you probably soulden't) but that doesn't mean you can't notice when you see a cute boy... and maybe when you're ready getting his number...
    Plenty of fish in the sea, that one was a bad catch... so call it a day go home and throw your line out again when you're ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good that you are aware of it. The best thing is love yourself. That was part of your learning experience!! You are a little wiser than yesterday. Use what you learn from him, and make sure the next guy you meet, you notice his behavior and you decide if that guy will be good for you!!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes