Friends with Benefits went south, now what?

Anonymous
I dated this guy back in December to the end of February. We were friends before that for about 3 months. Our relationship wasn't bad or anything, he just didn't want to put in the work for a relationship. As he put it, he didn't want a relationship but wanted to be with me. Well I suggested we do friends with benefits so we could keep all the good things from our relationship. It was working there for a bit but summer time came around and we just kept fighting. Pretty much, he still didn't want a relationship and I still wanted one. Well after the summer ended we just kept fighting. So I went a week without talking to him, just give us space. After the week he said nothing really changed. He no longer wanted to have sex because he was interested in another girl and didn't really want to put in the work to be friends with me. He thinks I can never be happy. I told him I was fed up with everything, told him I didn't want to be friends anymore. I told him to stay away from me bc we have never gone longer than a week without seeing each other or talking to each other. He told me no because he didn't want to change his behavior. He ignores any messages from me but will ask for me to come study with our friends (in college) and his face lights up when he sees me. I would love to be friends again, he destroyed any feelings I had for him. I don't think he has any interesting in being with me but he is still trying to weasel himself back into my life. I'm sure how to handle this all besides just avoid him.
Friends with Benefits went south, now what?
Add Opinion