He needs some time away to find himself?

Anonymous
Me and him have been together for 3 months and recently he's been having massive anxiety issues that have kept him at home. It's been going on for about a month and I have honestly felt the strain. A couple days ago he told me that he doesn't want to drag me through the anxiety anymore and he wants some space and time to find himself again and get back to normal where he doesn't get an anxiety attack everytime he leaves home. He said he knows that it will mess us up if we stay together while he's sick. The past month it's gotten to the point where he barely responds or shows emotion. After we broke up, he hasn't responded at all.

I'm just heartbroken and don't know what to think or how to move forward. My sister read the messages and said that he isn't wanting to cut off all connection with me. He made sure to tell me "Please don't think I never want to talk to or see you again" and "this isn't any easier for me".

I'm just so confused and don't know what to think. I still love and care for him and am lost now. Will he come back? It seemed like he really did like me back but now I don't know
5
12