My boyfriend is starting to make me really unhappy, and I think we need to break up?

It's been almost 3 years, and it's nice together, but we're only together at his house

He never comes here, or does anything else and he constantly rejects me

I just feel depressed everyday now when I'm not with him, wishing he will change but it's come to the point that I've realised he will never change. And I bring it up every day for the past few weeks and we keep arguing

I need to break up with him but I'm scared, how do I do it and what do I tell my family?
I also don't think I could see him with anyone else though, it would be heart breaking

He's my first ever boyfriend, I'm 21 by the way

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Just let him go. If he is not willing to change, then he just won't change. Simple as that. You can't make him change, he has to be the one to make the decision to change. Just tell your family the truth of why it's not working out between you and your boyfriend, and that you'll need all the support you can get from them to get through a breakup and leaving your boyfriend. First relationships rarely every result in a marriage, instead you should take what you've learned for those 3 years, because that's 3 years of experience in a relationship. Figure out what worked really, what didn't work so well, what you could have done more, done better or done differently and then invest it into a future relationship, your next relationship, and as well as dating. Starting over is hard, but if you hang onto your boyfriend and your current relationship with him it won't make you happy either because it's not working out the way you want it to be or that you expect it to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he's just not intrested in you anymore?

Just tell him you need space go out out and have fun eith the girls for a week of 2 and if he doesn't contact you at all for days or weeks then he just isn't into you anymore

But honestly space really does work