We broke up and I want him back. He's sending me mixed signals. What should I do?

I started seeing this guy in July. My past relationships had been disasters (cheated on, got dumped right after sex). So I'm not quite confident in dating. In September, he came at my house saying he wasn't sure if he wanted to be dating anymore. I acted cool saying there was no pressure, no rush to be a couple, that we could just keep seeing each other. When he left my house the morning after he created a facebook event for me to join him and his friend for the week-end. I am a student who also work part time and I normally work on the week-ends so I put so much efforts into this and changed my work schedule meaning it would be a bad week for me dealing with school and an unexpected schedule. The morning we were supposed to go, he canceled the event. Not saying anything to me. His friends couldn't go anymore so he was staying at his parents'. The week after, he was supposed to come by to take his phone back. He never did. I though he was ending things without confronting me so I told him to come back only when he knew what he wanted. I regretted it and apologised. Then I got health problems, my parents were in trouble... No need to say I was having a hard time. We kept arguing the whole week. I asked him if he wanted to hang out with me some time. He said " yes probably" but that I had gotten on his nerves. Few days later he told me that he would rather hang out with other people than me since I was annoying. I told him he was an asshole and that I didn't want to see him ever again. He said he wanted to see me and that he had nothing against me, that I was just not confident enough for him and that I didn't like to party enough. I tried to explain myself by telling him about my problems, it didn't work. We haven't spoken for a week and the other day, I was coming home from work with a male colleague. He basically acted like a jealous guy. I saw him yesterday, big smile asking me if I was okay. His friend asked me if I wanted to grab a drink with them tonight.

11