I love him so much but he doesn't even like me what should I do?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up in August we are still friends and tried to be "friends with benefits" for a while but now he's met this girl he's really into. At first I was happy for him but now I just feel jealous and hurt and I've realized I'm so deeply in love with him still. All I want is him but I don't know if its even possible to get him back. Should I even be hopeful? Should I just stop talking to him completely? I have no idea what to do. I just want to tell my feelings but I know he doesn't feel the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very sorry. Heartbreak is so painful. Pain is only proportional to how much a person loves, so you obviously love him so very much.

It's extremely painful seeing someone you love... loving someone else. Personally, I'd cut all contact with him. You're holding onto a guy who's already let you go. It's time to let him go so you can heal and move on from him.

The only way to get over a heartbreak is to cut all ties, delete pics and messages, because people feed their memories by reminiscing about what was and dwelling on what could have been.

As long as you cling onto false hope and keep in contact with him you'll never move on. Gradually memories will then fade and the pain will ease

What Guys Said 5

• He's moved on, it's time for you to do the same.
    It's probably best to stop contact and distance yourself if you want to get over him.

• This is why friends with benefits is a counterfeit to a real relationship. This is going to be difficult but move on. Sounds like he has. No more friends with benefits, be committed to a real relationship with a man not a boy

• If you love him, you gotta let him go since he is happy with someone else.

• you have to let go as painful as it is...
    I am in a similar situation, if someone could answer please!!!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2136654-what-s-with-my-ex-her-crazy-behavior-i-need-help-please

• if you liked him, you'd be happy for him, even if he's not with you anymore. youd want the same, right?

What Girls Said 15

• You should use this time to fade away.
    Give him space, let his relationship run its course.
    Even if it does end there's no guarantee that he will be coming back to you.
    You just have to move on with your life as much as it hurts.

• first, of many, i can't believe you let him use you for sex. you know there's a lot of guys who could fuck you and not feel much. did you think sex would be a way to his heart or help you mend from the breakup?

first' i'd realize that i wasted my time.
    second, i would find things that benefited me and make me feel better and improve myself. this will all take time by the way.

third, i would find ways to not let my future ex bfs use me as a crutch until they went and found themselves a legitimate relationship.

• Please spare yourself hurt and trouble. If he has moved on, do the same! yes friends with benefits doesn't work. It hurts us females. Men will have sex with you all day long, and not "want you anymore like that" women can't do that as much. Women want to have feelings. Don't subject yourself to that. Deal with the hurt, rip the bandaid off quickly and move on.

• Trust me I'm going through the same, he stopped replying to my texts and I was hoping and then I saw this new girl with him. And he said he loves her. And then I made a mess. Then he told me sorry and then you know.
    I came to know that he just used me for fun. If a guy loves you he will be loyal to you.
    I never stopped trying in our relationship and hoping. At the end I came to know he's cried for that girl and is crazy for her.
    And the worse that he dated other girls while he dated me.
    I know that I deserve a better person then him and I can't force him to love me cause successful couples do not break easily.
    It was an experience and I have to move on and get over him. I blocked him and deleted all his memories.
    I know it's hard but storms don't last forever.
    You need to get over him, I know that it's too hard but time will heal the wound.
    Hope this helps. Stay strong. Good luck.

• hey I know this sucks really but the best thing you can do is forget him completely.
    Especially if he was your ex things will never be the same like before.

• It's time to move on because he obviously doesn't care... and I know how hard it is because I've been through heartbreak but eventually you get over it and they become nothing to you as you were to them and it will be the best feeling in the world. It's tough but you will survive, there is no use in trying to get him back because he doesn't feel the same way. I know you'd do anything in the world to be with him... but truth is you can't force someone to fall for you nor can you change them, only they can. Think about his actions.. he's proved he's not the one for you, when someone breaks you're heart , trust them the first time, trust that they will and can do it again. You will get over it you just have to be strong in the meantime.

• Stop talking to him. Remove yourself from that situation. You're only hurting yourself at this point. Basically what I'm saying is cut off all contact. And move on.

• You let him go and move on.

• Let it go it is not the end of the world. e en though it feels like it. It is a good reason more than a bad one. That you two broke up. That's telling you that you're too good for him and can find a guy better than him. Usually god will not take you away from the perfect guy for you.

• Seriously just move on, you'll find better. If he's not interested anymore then he was just in your life for a season

• All summed up by Madea
    https://youtu.be/RgiTQW7b8QY

• Let him go. All this is going to do is make you feel used and insecure at the end of the day. And nobody deserves to feel that way. Go find a man who will put you first and respect u as a woman and not a sex toy. You will be surprised at how quick u could fall in love again.

• I think maybe you should take some time to gather your thoughts. Im in exactly the same boat as you but, personally, I wouldn't go down the route of friends with benefits because you're worth more than just a fuck buddy and you have more self resect than that. Yes I won't lie it kills you to find that the other person has moved on and left you with the baggage and heartache. But please, take some time for yourself and try to avoid talking to him

• I think time would do you some good. Take time to think about yourself and what you need. I've been in the same boat as you and for me it took 3 years to realize that i was better off without that person. There are other people out there that will treat you right. Love can be blinding sometimes but we have to open our eyes to see the good and right people for us. Good luck!

• Move on. there's many guys out there, he isn't the only one. You won't be happy and will be hurt more than you already are if you just sit there, do nothing, and wait for him. I would say for u to tell him how you feel and such, but since he's already met a girl he's in to, then u need to move on. That shows he's moved on.