Would converting to Islam be enough to marry someone that is Muslim?

My ex boyfriend of 3 years left me because he said there was no way of us being together in the future because he is Muslim. I am christian, but I don't fully believe in my religion. I told him I would convert and become a full Muslim but he said no matter what I do it won't work because I wasn't raised Muslim. Is Islam really that serious?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• yes... they are an intolerant bunch that want to push their religion onto everyone else. get out and find someone who's not buying into that bullsh*t

What Guys Said 1

• Some of them can be crazy strick. If your not religious do you really want to be with someone that is that religious?

What Girls Said 2

• hey hun, let you know a bit more about aslam; muslim guys are allowed to get married out of their religion! so your ex might not know this or he doesn't want the relationship anymore. yeah islam is a lot different from what you or him might think. all I can say is try to know him better, and what he wants, good luck!

• I guess it is. That's why I would not date a Muslim because the guys usually don't mind having their fun with non-muslim girls but when it comes down to seriously looking at the future they want to find a girl of their own culture.