Do girls completely forgot an ex-boyfriends?

My question is do they really forgot their ex boyfriends and do they ever regret breaking up with them? I mean from my point of view I saw that, they firstly boost their self confidence,
then they start posting some s***t statuses in facebook about the breakup, regarding of the thing that how she was the girl with no mistakes, but the boy was with the plenty of them so he is unright for her.
If they are really over someone what's the damn point to do that?
To show to the boy that they're something more in this life? or they aren't over him?

Sorry for my English, but this is all I can do for now.
Any help appreciated!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like someone is still hurt by the breakup or you had some serious relationship issues right before it ended. Hurt or angry people need to vent and some go to revenge. In most relationships both sides make mistakes. Other times someone didn't pick up on hints by their partner about something and their partner thought they were being hurtful, inattentive, or just too different. So communication in any relationship is important.

I've been pretty over some of my ex's. A few of them went to jail for things they did to me or other people. Including two ex's who killed my kids. One killed both my infant daughters and the other killed my son. One was in trouble for it (killing my daughters) and made bail. Police warned me he'd made threatening comments about me and to leave. So I did and I ended the marriage. But he found me and while stalking me came across my friends cousin who was mentally ill and some people angry with me for my government job which put them in jail for a crime they committed (which was unrelated to me). Then they caused me more grief including killing my 4 yr old son's. One killed one of my sons in the 70s and another (my friends cousin) killed my other son in 1996. When my daughters died they thought the first died of sudden infant death syndrome but when the second drowned they dug up the body and charged my ex. With my son who died in the 70s when his boyfriend was put in jail for murder he smashed my sons grave and did something to the body. In the 1996 death from a car crash by the drug crazed woman running from police trying to arrest her for SA of my son at school. They attacked his sister and me for them being arrested. Then they went after my other son when he was 15 with numerous other offences before he was shot to death.

To add to it my roommate was involved with another ex of mine. I was shot several times. They threw me in a truck to dump my body but I came to in the back with amnesia. They freaked out thinking I was some zombie. Shot me again. Dumped me again by a well known park here. I came out. Police found me and took me to hospital. Amnesia still. Roommate was on my hospital contact. Got me and only let me live as he knew it would come back to him.

So some ex's are very dangerous and its good their your ex.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow that's a long story, but it's really strange to kill your children, perhaps of jealousy.
      It really takes a good heart, to get over a disaster like that and I believe you're strong woman.

• Thanks.

Well his view is the worst possible thing you can live through is losing your baby. He got me pregnant on purpose. I was using birth control which he switched and admitted to. He thought it was the best way to hurt me. He hated what he felt was a feminist. I just saw myself as an equalist as I'm all for men's rights too. He once said he hated women. Someone claimed he mistook me for my cousin or my daughter. My one daughter and I looked similar in age because I age slow. My cousin was my step parents relative. My step parent was my dad's half sibling.(my dad also married my mom's cousin)

Yes that was weird for me. People would say Sister. I would say "no my cousin" and they said "No your step sister." I said "blood relative wise she's my cousin. Though yes also my step sibling." My brothers on the other hand are all half brothers and I had quite a few of them. I get along fine with them. My cousin isn't nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• forget? noooooo exes are part of your life, but that doesn't mean that you haven't moved on

0|0
    0|0
    • I can see just wanted to see the answer trought different angle an other people.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Honestly, I think about my ex boyfriends at least once a day. It doesn't mean I still have feelings for them but if it's someone who was once very important to you, it's almost impossible to forget them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I remember every past encounter with being with a guy. Some are very good lessons, some are an exploration of myself. Some have helped me become who I am today. Do I still care for them not really, and people who tell the world about their relationship is not someone I'd call nice.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well this is why the forum is created people to ask questions and get answers.
      What do you want in my case or case of everybody? to talk about only cars? Every person is different I don't feel okay so I'm asking a question, this doesn't mean all the people will like it, but it's important to express myself the way I want.

You may not call it nice, perhaps the communication for you isn't important within the relationship, only the stuff to do and the things you get in return.

• What the heck... I was on about your girlfriend posting on fb this site is full of annon people, and you ask questions. I answered your question and said that your ex was a shitty person.

• Aa, sorry I didn't get it right, since my English is RIP... Well she might not be shitty,
      but I think this is torture for her and me at the same time, since I check her profile page.

• I never forget my ex's... I actually struggle to heal from them.

Even if I get so fucking pissed at them, I remember all of the kind things they did for me.

1|0
    0|0
    • At the end only the good things get remembered and the people you live before, could not be the same during whole their life.

• You're emotional after a break up, there's no real point to actions besides wanting to feel a bit better.

As for forgetting, I guess I have. I'm with my new partner now and I never really think about my ex's unless specifically asked or something. I'm better than they are and I'm with someone who appreciates that so why remember them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well for me it depends on the duration of the relationship, since mine one was 4 years,
      but as I can see she lives perfect with me with her new boyfriend so :)
      Just wondered why she is posting all that statuses, once she is done with me.
      The hardest part that I'm trying to realize is that people change and I was afraid if she forgot me.

• I am old, and I remember every one, including the first one when I was 14 who to this day, I still crush on through social media.

0|0
    0|0
    • Each person leave a memory good or bad, but people often forgot the bad things with the time, and remember only the good one.

• No. Today I realized it's the birthday of one my ex's. But other than that, I thought nothing. What's done is done. No need for posting crap on social media. Just move one.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • we broke up years ago. so not necessary.

• I see, people forgot the ones who they used to share this life, perhaps this is the new version of us as creatures and stuff, everything is measured in money and beautyness, instead of the simple love.

• Well I've stayed friends with my exes, we talk here and there but not like we used to. So I can't say I forget about my exs. And any girl that tries to make the ex jealous is retarded and immature.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well your response totally answer to the character of the my ex girlfriend.
      She was childish and always unsatisfied from me as a person, just don't get why she is trying to make me jealous :)

• Show All
    • That could also be her way of closure, by making herself think that if she posts useless statuses she's over you. Don't pay any attention to her.

• Okay, thank you for your answers, I just really wanted she to contact me one day, at least as a friend.

• Yes if she's not in love with him anymore , and if she's found someone new

0|0
    0|0
    • What if this someone new don't give her the love as the previous one, and this someone new break up with her?

• Show All
    • Thanks for help and contributing.

• You're welcome. I honestly hope it all works out for you

• We don't forget em but that doesn't mean that we regret every single one. Just cause we're broken up doesn't make you "the one that got away".

0|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha so you approve my thesis according to the girls confidence.

• If a girl starts posting sad stuff after a breakup, she's not over you yet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but she is already having a new boyfriend since 2 months ago.
      And some days she post statuses like : "I made the right decision, he didn't deserve me"
      some days they post: "Oh baby I can't live without you and the date with her new boyfriend"
      I'm not jealous just feel strange over about it.

• Show All
    • Thank you so much for your opinion and advice I think that this is the best idea :)

• You're welcome!

• Yup. Once we're done there's no point in thinking about an ex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Perhaps it's better to people less relationships, but with the right people!

• I mean they are the past but no I can't just forget certain ones

0|0
    0|0
  • No they don't
    And they just behave like that after bc it's their coping mechanism

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I remember all of mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I even forgot my ex's names some times.. LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • I say it's better to forget them I normally do unless it was a recent breakup but my thought if we broke up or he hurt me it wasn't meant to be so why think about it or him.

0|0
    0|0
    • So the self esteem calls back and you won't get him back even if he wants to.
      Yeah, but about forgottin it isn't that easy to forgot a person you shared 4 years of your life with. Especially when you have to deal knowing she won't stay alone whole her life, she will date somebody else and this somebody would not be me.. it's like someone is stoling from you happiness and my father, since couple years ago told me one thing :
      "Happiness of one person is built over the misfortune of the other".

• they can notno

0|0
    1|0
  • No sadly I've never forgot about me exs. I still care so much about one.

0|0
    0|0
    • I seen my ex today and for some reason I got tunnel vision really bad. Pulled over and just chilled for a few.

• Show All
    • I'm sorry to, hear that. I've dated just never works out

• It's because you didn't met the right person and this right one will come unexpected in your life. Just you have not to pressure yourself and escape overthinking, this is the thing which helped to me.

• An ex will never be forgotten. Everyone is different. I think she's just hurt about it still, not over it yet, and showing that she's going to move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but she already had a new boyfriend since the last 2 months.
      What's the point to do this? I really don't get it, but hope that she will regret and look up for me.

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes