Guy broke up with me after 2 dates and is now super awkward around me... why?

lily938
I went on two amazing dates with a guy and he seemed really into me (planning future dates and inviting me to visit his family over Christmas etc) but then he suddenly changed his mind/got cold feet and broke up with me. My friends talked to him a lot about us dating which overwhelmed him a little and apparently made him feel like I was more into it than he was. He also said he realised he wasn't over his ex yet. At the time he said he really didn't want me to feel too awkward to be around him if our mutual friends were doing something together.

I wasn't too upset by the break up (two dates meant I wasn't exactly heartbroken!) and have continued to hang out with a mutual friends as normal. However, he has been really awkward about it and makes a point of staying away from me before awkwardly leaving the room. I noticed as well he hasn't unfriended me on any social media but avoids looking at any of my snapchat stories. Why would he be this awkward when he was the one telling me not to be awkward?
0
1