Would you dump your boyfriend of a year if he yelled at you for the first time during a fight?

Anonymous
My ex-girlfriend (of 11 months) started a fight by being saying a few mean and hurtful things when she wasn't feeling well (she has PMDD). She can be hypercritical and mean sometimes. I got upset, exasperated and yelled for the first time in front of her. I told her I did not want to be her whipping boy and that she sometimes makes me feel like an idiot. I also said a few swears, but not towards her. I was also not physically aggressive towards her. I apologized profusely several times over the course of the next 3 weeks and she could not forgive me or move past it. Eventually we broke up. We had been in love and talked about our future together. I hate myself and never wanted to act that way. I've ruined the best thing in my life.

I accept that she can make that decision for herself of breaking up. It just hurts so bad, and I feel like I took all the blame for a mutual fight because I yelled (which I regret so much). I tried to have healthy communication afterwards to apologize and fix it. She did not care to give me another chance. I wanted to know if other people thought about this situation.
2
0