So he broke my heart twice, why do I still love him?

He ghosted me the first time we broke up. I actually had to go over to his apartment so that he could agree with me breaking up with him because he had become so distant. I literally had to figure out the relationship was over on my own.

Then a year and a half goes by, we get back together for two weeks, he tells me that he loves me, I get super confused, and he sends me a facebook message breaking up with me again.

What is wrong with me? I still love him even after he's broken my heart TWICE. I've been devastated, crying myself to sleep like a crazy person over him all this time, and yet if he told me he wanted to really get back together tomorrow, I would run to him and be his forever. WTF is wrong with me?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with you. I would say find someone else but simply you can't soon. still i love the girl who rejeceted me. so i know how it feels... well lets hope he will come back to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that there is anything wrong with you. I think that if you really want to be with someone or if you really love them you start to look past their mistakes and understand that people make mistakes and that he didn't mean to break your heart. You see him for the many times he has made you feel good and the times you've been together rather than the two times he let you down. On the other hand it could also come across as being desperate whereby you force yourself to make excuses for his actions and forgive him for things you should not have so that you can make that one excuse or reason why he did what he did and why you should jump back into the relationship road. I think as long as the good things he has done for you outweighs the few mistakes he did which he should have apologised for (come on everyone makes mistakes) then it is okay to feel or act that way. However, if he starts breaking your heart repetitively then I would dump him as he is probably using you and definitely not worth your time.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You can't just switch off your feelings for someone, even if they've hurt you. It takes time for feelings to fade and for the pain to ease

The only way to move on , is to cut all means of contact, delete all pics and messages etc, because people tend to feed memories by reminiscing. Dwelling on what was and what could have been. Try to focus your thoughts on things other than him

• It's hard to let go. I think you just love what you were and the hope that you still could be that way again.