Do you really ever truly get over your first love?

I think for me its abit of everything. I have learned to let go which it took awhile but it still effects me till this day in both good n bad ways. the good would be i learn a lot from my first love n the bad would be waking up with tears in my eyes or my heart hearting with this strong feeling of being sad. Since losing my first love i have dated 2 girls who i have leaned a lot from. The first new girlfriend cheated on me we are friends now but it doesn't really effect me. Now the 2rd girl am still with and she amazing. My new girlfriend is the closest thing i have to thinking or feeling like ill fall in love agin. I have only been dating her for 4 months n 11 days but slowly she growing on me. so anyway long story short i belive most people will nevr get over a first love.. some do n some pretend too.
  • yes with time
  • no
  • yes but they will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Vote C
  • no it still effects me till this day
    Vote D

2920

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes with many Years and Tears and a lot Of... Comparisons.
    One never Really finds True Love after a "First Love."
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Thank you paris n this is sky if u haven't notice by now

• ^.^ yea

• lol:)) xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never been in love truly as I've never had a relationship but sadly the two girls I get closest to in my life out of all the ones I've date I was just a rebound to. It was hard for me to get over and they're in the back of my mind as I had very strong connections to them initially.

• Awww it sucks being a rebound guy i known the feeling all too will

• Why did her parents end it?

• becuase tbey felt i was good enough for her.