Why is my ex upset because I didn't wish him a happy birthday?

My ex called me telling me why I didn't wish him a happy birthday. We started talking I told him I am sorry I forgot I was busy, and then he started talking about a girl he was going to pick up, and he said that she is beautiful and stuff I don't know why he was saying that, was he trying to make me jealous or something and why was he upset I am supposed to be the ex right?
Ps. he is the one who broke up with me.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• i have no idea why he would care that an ex didn't wish him happy bday. maybe he still has something there.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is seeking some type of validation or something... not calling your ex on his birthday is exactly what you should do, maybe the new beautiful girl will remember next year for him... move on, block him