Would you stay in an unhappy relationship if it means you would be financially stable and he can provide a good life for you?

So AV being with this guy for a few years now we even live together but I feel we have growing apart and he does not make me feel happy or loved and I have lost attraction for him and I know this seems harsh but I'm bored of our life together x we always argue and he will call me names and 95% of the time I'm miserable but he knows me and we being together for so long and have planned a future and together we can afford things we want and he provides for me and the fact of throwing that all away is scary and starting again and having to manage on my own income alone amd throwing everything we have worked for and builds together away seems harsh but if I don't love him anymore what's the point of the material things?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Money can't buy you happiness. So keep living in the dark days of your life if all you care about is money.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Never, I'm financially independent anyway so I'd never rely on a guy for financial support. A materialistic life is not worth more than your own happiness and independence

Hyperthetically speaking , if I was in a situation where I was unhappy and no longer wanted to be in the relationship , but I relied on him financially then I'd look for a more financially stable job then a cheap place to live of my own.

I couldn't be in a relationship with a guy I was unhappy with. A guy who was mean to me by calling me names. I'd make plans to leave him. I'd be patient until that day arrived. Or I'd see if I could stay with a family member or friend, until I had my own place.

Staying means you're jeopardizing your own happiness for the sake of material items. How can you feel joy and enjoy those material items when you're so unhappy

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You can't have "a good life" when you have an unhappy relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're unhappy you need to make a change. What you are describing is a gold digger type situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • nooo way not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• No i wouldn't stay in a relationship if I wasn't happy. Even if it was scary to start a new life and get rid of the life I'm used to and the plans that I had. I want to be happy in life and material things aren't the most important, when I'm old and grey I want to look back and be like I lived a good life I was happy i took risks I tried this and that etc etc. I don't want to be those people that focus on material things because I rarely see a happy filthy rich person. When we die we won't take the material things, we will take the memories so do what makes you happy. I also don't want to be those people that are too scared to do something new and prefer to live miserably a life that they have grown accustomed to. The amount of older people I know that divorce after their kids have grown up and have being miserable their whole life is so common, I don't want to be that type of person.
    And really as long as we have a good enough life and can afford the necessities of life plus a little more I think that's ok, peace of mind and doing what makes you happy is more important than being rich yet unhappy with someone you don't love and who doesn't love you. We have one life, live it in a way that makes you feel good and brings you happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • It won't be easy but I think it's best to move on. You deserve to be happy and should never settle for less. It might be scary but you will feel so much happier. Look at the bigger picture. Take care of yourself first

0|0
    0|0
  • Yo, money and luxuries won't make you feel happy with life. Trust me, you're gonna regret everything. I remember hearing a speech a while ago; there was an old woman who aspired to do something with her life but had to stay home and work as a housewife 'for the greater good', and regretted not following her heart for the past 50 odd years. Find someone you love, find someone who's going to make you feel truly happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no money on earth worth my self respect t. I would leave, support myself if I had to work three jobs

0|0
    0|0
  • I know how you feel about it being scary and all. I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years, to me that's quite long. But recently he hasn't been treating me very well, arguing with me treating me rather poorly without communication. I'm not in the same boat as you, but I know it can be hard to let someone you love of so long go. I'm at the point where, I feel like if anything gets worse and he still doesn't listen, it would be time for me to let go. And for you, I feel like maybe you should try going on vacation with him. Couple's therapy, talking it out with him. Telling him what you don't like him doing etc. And if all that doesn't work, then I would say it's time to move on. It would be hard, but you'll get through it girl. I wish you luck :) x

0|0
    0|0
  • What made you happy being with him in the first place?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah! Lol no I'm just playing but you might try couple's therapy before calling it quits.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not a good life if it's an unhappy relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No, leave him

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be scary to leave someone who is providing you with all the financial needs but your mental health is so much more important. Getting out of an unstable, unhappy relationship is more important than your partner (who you're unhappy being with) taking care of you financially

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. What's the point in a life if your not happy?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes