Insight into the mind of an ex?

Yousirnamee
We ended our 3 year relationship that was unhealthy for both him and I a couple of months ago.

Nevertheless, he has contacted me via Instagram to get my phone number to which I didn't reply. And after a few times of DM'ing me, we did talk for a couple of days. Nothing major or anything at all on my part. Moreso, responding to his updates on life and his family and his going ons.

There was a point we both talked about meeting up, but then a day later he told me it wasn't a good idea and I completely agreed. I also realized we should just cut communication all together and go our separate ways. He completely agreed and so that was it... or so I thought.

Two days later he DM's me again saying he couldn't stop thinking about me. And has messaged me frequently after that with no response from my end.

I blocked him today because I realized I have to take the step to completely close this chapter.

I feel like he's trying to pull me back into this rollercoaster of unhealthy habits and emotions and I just don't ever want to be back in that situation anymore.

What are your opinions as to where his mind is right now? Why all of this?
Insight into the mind of an ex?
2
2