If you tell a man you love him and he doesn't reciprocate?

... You are basically doomed and should probably move on from him because there's not a chance he will right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you better off moving on... probably. But that doesn't mean that his feelings can't change with time. I'm in the same exact situation right now. Start getting used to the idea that it may never happen but it is certainly not impossible. More context would definitely help.

1|0
    0|0
    • He chased me for 6 months andwe started our sexual aspects before emotional ones. He says he has feelings for me when I say I love him but he says he doesn't fall in love easy and that he wants to take things slow.

• Still a lot better than my situation is right now. Just take things slow at a pace that he's comfortable with and see if it happens but if someone else great comes along in the meantime don't throw away a great opportunity for something that may never happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• I told a guy that I loved him after us being together for 9 months, and he didn't answer. But he emailed me later and said that it was because it made him feel a little more emotional than he was comfortable with, and that he did love me. The next day when I saw him, he told me in person. So it's possible that he does have feelings for you and just isn't sure how to express it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Actions speak louder than words , men especially are wired to notice action way before words. My ex used to say the same to me , when it was clear to me that she didn't really give a rats !! It depends how you really treat him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

And especially if it's only been a few months.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you tell someone you love them and you don't really mean it, they Shouldn't reciprocate. Props to him for having the bullshit filter on.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's bullshit for me to say I love him?

• Show All
    • Going on 3 months so you be the judge

• You don't even sound convinced, yourself. Pity

• Well it might take him a while to decide how he feels. I know it does with me, but I'm a weirdo.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, no different than when it's the gender-swapped version of this situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exaaaactly. Move on. Dont directly tell a guy that, say it indirectly. It makes it easier that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Are you two dating? How long?

0|0
    0|0
    • Going on 3 months

• Too soon for him. 3 months really isn't that long. We all come to that point at different times with different timing. I know it hurts to not hear it back, but I think you just said it first and he just needs some time. Don't worry about and continue with him as normal.

• That's what I'm thinking too. I don't want to ruin a good thing by being impatient.

• That's pretty much it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, right. Forget that guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Just like women mature faster than men, sometimes one person in a relationship gets to "love" faster than the other.

Expecting you both to fall in love at the same time, is stupid and you know what? Maybe if you're that stupid, you should just get out of the relationship and do him a favour.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you aren't doomeddddddd. A girl told me that but I didn't replied to her. WHY? because I was surprised and couldn't reply anything immediately. The next date I got her some nice flowers, and I said to her I love you. In that moment we aren't so clear to reply immediately

1|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much

0|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily true. Women are usually more in tune w their feelings as you've been bred that way ever since you were able to understand. For boys, their feelings in most cases were negated so we have a harder time trying to figure out exactly what we're feeling. Women are probabaly more in tune w being able to tell if they love someone right away as opposed to a man, in most cases. I wouldn't give it up so quick.

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman can say those words over and over. if her action speak otherwise men will not believe her. Too many women put on the lovey dovey act as long as the man is in a good place and they are beneficial to them. Yet, the moment a man is down on his luck, they bounce.

Hence, most men do not really believe these words of women and kind of treat women as accessories.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It is different for everyone but some people just need time to figure it out and maybe he will like you late on but not right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Play hard to get with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is why I do not tell a guy that I love him anymore

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes