Is it completely my fault if a guy cheats or dumbs me?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If not why?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• no its not your fault its his fault, maybe you're an ass, boring, dont take care of yourself, cold, really annoying... etc doesn't matter cheating is never the answer.

I know a guy who had sex with a married woman, he is single but she's married and iam like "dafuq man? why would she sleep around if she has a husband and kids " he said her husband is a little of a dick... yeah not really a reason

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I said no because of the cheating part. It's not your fault if he cheats. Dumping however can have it's reasons.

For example. If I were to be your boyfriend and I was possessive. I would get angry if you'd get a minute late, if you'd talk to other guys, I want to know who you called or texted, everytime. If this doesn't drive you crazy, then I don't know.
    But this is a good reason for you to dump me

2|0
    0|0
    • At the beginning I was kinda like that but then I gave him enough space. At the end came to know that he cheated.

• Show All
    • Thank you for the opinion, made me feel better.

• You're welcome, Mel

• If he cheats it's not your fault. He could've just dumped, there's no need for cheating. If he dumps you, well, many variables are involved, it can be your fault, his fault or you can share responsibility for this decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never your fault if he cheats. Whether or not it's your fault if he breaks up with you? That depends on the circumstances.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends very much on the reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and also your fault if you cheat.

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on what you did. Were you flirting with other men, did YOU cheat first, were you being hurtful or unsupportive for copious amounts of time? This could have helped with him cheating/dumping you.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because every is responsible for their own actions and behaviour. If he has no self-control over his desires and emotions, that's not your fault... It's his own.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is never your fault, it's the way he deals with your 'shortcomings'. Instead of discussing things or telling you what he wants from the relationship he gets his affection behind your back. That is never your fault.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not! There could be lots of reasons other than something you may or may not have done. Don't let him make you feel that you made him cheat. You didn't take his junk and use it with another girl, he did. It's easy for him to try and lay guilt on you. As the old expression goes, there's lots of fish in the sea.

Him cheating though definitely sends a smoke signal that some part your relationship is not satisfying him. I found most guys I knew in my 20's have trouble talking and their unhappiness with whatever their situation is comes out via action and not words. Women tend to be a little better in the communication department.

That said, if you really care for this guy, maybe it's time you get a dialog going and see where it leads. Try to be as caring and non-judgmental as possible, so not to have him get defensive. If he has any kind of feelings for you, deep down, he probably feels a little bad too.

Hope that answers your question. Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not! That would never be your fault.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes