Why do exs block you on social media?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I blocked mine because I want to have nothing to do with her, and want her to know nothing about me.

Though I must admit, I might get a little pleasure if she knew I was dating a women five years younger than her and much prettier...

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh okay

• You don't want her to know anything about you other than you're dating someone younger and hotter... sounds like you want her to be jealous... which means you still care... lol

• @Kookie00 More spite then care.

But not enough to let her see my info.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many articles online that suggest this to "get over" an ex so you don't see them. I guess if it was painful for one they may want to "move on" quickly to get over you. I personally see blocking as hostile. Unless someone is very bad and say, abusive or a stalker. I think unfriending might be more appropriate especially if both parties agree to part ways and they just don't get along. If it's really "done" why be friends on Facebook. The "surprise blocking" by one seems very mean. Usually people will do this with no explanation or final good bye letter.
    I think it means the other person is so upset that they can only cut you off like you don't exist because that is the only way they can "get over you".

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• So you stop bugging them and/or stop looking at their stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's funny because it's the other way around for me. I block my exs on social media. Lmao

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah. Some exs blocked me maybe 3 totally I just don't get it. But one my ex blocked me but we see each other off and on type thing I just don't get why he blocked me.

• Maybe it's a "control" issue. The ex guy feels more in control blocking you. If he meets in person he may feel he can "control" the conversation or communications better. He can cut you off or leave in-person -- in theory. But online you would be able to message him anytime. He would not be able to "control" your texing or messages. Therefore, he can only control by blocking you. It also "shows" you that he is saying he is in controlling you. He' might also be saying I'll block you first before you block me (not that you do that). He is probably insecure and petty if he blocks people.

• They're ex's for a reason, it's better that way.

3|0
    0|0
  • Done with you?

0|1
    0|1
  • Akwardness and coz of privacy

0|0
    0|0
  • Exes= losers
    they Don't face you after cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are done with you and have moved on.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• To start moving on. One of the first steps to getting over someone is to just cut them off, including on social media. I know it seems cruel, like they really don't care but he's trying to get over you. He's doing you a favor by blocking you. He's forcing you to move on with your life. I know it's hard sweetie but hang in there.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's painful to see what you're doing now that you're not in their lives. I've blocked my exes because I don't want to know if/when they're seeing someone new (even if I'm over them!)

1|0
    0|0
    • Alright Thank you makes since. And yeah I get that completely to. Question one my exs have me block on Facebook but we still hang out in person why is that?

• Show All
    • Alright then.

• @dominik02 there's always something uncomfortable about seeing someone you used to love with someone new. Maybe it's a little bit of jealousy; or a little resentment; or a little nostalgia. I'm not sure! Regarding my exes, I no longer have romantic feelings for any of them. One, I hate. One, I wish the best. Either way, I don't want to know what they're doing! Lol

• its hard to know when I dont know your history.
    But it could be different reasons. Maybe they want to get over you and the easiest way to do that is to not "see" you or it could be that they dont want to have anything to do with you because they are hurt.
    Depends on how your breakup was..

0|0
    0|0
  • So we won't feel bad if they posts pics w other girls, or don't want any dramatics

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't want to see you, out of sight out of mind

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you aren't a part of their life anymore, so it's easier to "erase" you if they aren't seeing your pictures or comments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't want you in their lives.

1|2
    0|0
  • So they can't stalk you on your page and see how happy you are without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you mean unfriend/unfollow or block?

0|1
    0|0
  • it's all in the process of moving on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Painful to see you- trying to get over you...

0|0
    0|0
    • It just sucks tho

• Show All
    • Hmmmm... friends with benefits is what I'm thinking... I'd say go with the flow for now... but set a time limit... maybe a month or so. Then ask him what he wants... if he doesn't want to get back together then vanish from him...

• Alright thanks

• So they can move on
    nothing wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they're assholes and want to cause more pain. Well that's what my ex did anyways I was already hurt enough then he blocked me and that hurt me more. It was like the final straw, like it's really over. Out of sight out of mind though. I think it does help you get over the person though.
    Then he unblocked me and added me againπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ on Instagram and Facebook. Haha fuck you asshole ain't nobody worried about you.

0|0
    1|0
    • I had one ex did that to and he blocked me again like really. Then my other ex has me blocked but we still talk

Recommended myTakes