Why do exs block you on social media?

148

Most Helpful Guy

• I blocked mine because I want to have nothing to do with her, and want her to know nothing about me.

Though I must admit, I might get a little pleasure if she knew I was dating a women five years younger than her and much prettier...

• Oh okay

• You don't want her to know anything about you other than you're dating someone younger and hotter... sounds like you want her to be jealous... which means you still care... lol

• @Kookie00 More spite then care.

But not enough to let her see my info.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many articles online that suggest this to "get over" an ex so you don't see them. I guess if it was painful for one they may want to "move on" quickly to get over you. I personally see blocking as hostile. Unless someone is very bad and say, abusive or a stalker. I think unfriending might be more appropriate especially if both parties agree to part ways and they just don't get along. If it's really "done" why be friends on Facebook. The "surprise blocking" by one seems very mean. Usually people will do this with no explanation or final good bye letter.
    I think it means the other person is so upset that they can only cut you off like you don't exist because that is the only way they can "get over you".