So my boyfriend was in jail for nine months. While he was in jail I slept with my ex?

ended up pregnant had an abortion then my boyfriend gets out of jail things were good until my ex showed up one day I was gone and tells my boyfriend that we slept together any is hating on me real bad but he has no room to speak because he has cheated on me with other girls he says I could never hurt him and I didn't hurt him and that we will never be together again that there will never be an us again is there any chance he still cares or a chance that we could work things out

35

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. He cheated on you with other girls (plural) meaning it happened more than once. And you stayed with him. That doesn't mean he owes you the same forgiveness. If anything, it invites him to walk all over you and probably means he doesn't ACTUALLY have any respect for you because, well, any woman who was deserving of respect wouldn't have stood for being cheated on multiple times.

2. He went to jail for 9 months. And you stayed with him. This combines with fact 1 means you're a thirtysomething woman who never got out of her "bad boy" phase from her teenage years and the fact that you never "grew up" in this sense means that you're going to be in nothing but dysfunctional relationships with guys who will take advantage of you and use you and try to control you. This is what you INVITE by being the way you are. Accept it and deal with it, or start raising your standards and standing up for yourself.

• What I'm saying is, you've given him every reason to look at you not as a person deserving of love and respect but as nothing more than his property. By letting him walk all over you the way he has, you've invited him to be controlling, abusive, etc.

What Guys Said 4

• Your relationship is pointless. Neither one of you really respects or cares about the other.

• Become a nun, you need to spend some time away from that kind of living.

• somebody likes drama

• Your rant does not make sense.

What Girls Said 3

• honestly the best thing would be for you two is to take a break from one another. it seems like you both just hurt one another constantly and that's not what a relationship is about. focus on yourselves and if you guys end up together later on once your both stable then so be it. for now just end it so no one keeps getting hurt.

• First of all, he was in jail. What does that tell you? Secondly, what the heck? No, your relationship is doomed, neither of you has the right kind of respect for each other.

• So you are saying your boyfriend who was in jail is hating on you real bad and he had slept around on you? A little hard to read your one super long sentence. Try using punctuation in the future. Anyways...

Well, you are learning a lesson here. Just because someone has done something to you doesn't mean they will accept it when you do it to them. I have known people that can say the meanest things about others but if they hear something bad said about them, they flip. Plus, guys just tend to hold their women to a different standard. I disagree with this, but I have seen it.

I don't know if there is hope. Maybe. For now he will need to cool off.