Should I just grit my teeth and move on?

I wasn't entirely certain how I should title this. I guess I am just trying to vent how I am feeling at the moment and see what everyone else has to say. My girlfriend and I broke up (almost 5 years together) back in May. Everything continued like normal. She kept in contact with me like nothing happened. Fast forward a month and she mentions that her date didn't show up. Bear in mind we have been together for nearly 5 years. I don't know if she was being naive in thinking I could be over her that quickly or whether she was being spiteful, or just ignorant in that. A day goes by and I ask her if she was being serious. She says yes and sends me a picture of the guy. As you can guess... i'm upset by this.. then what follows is me telling her how i feel and her ignoring me until she eventually replies asking if I have calmed down. I tell her I love her, she replies 'telling me you love me doesn't make up for a year of not'. I tell her I miss her, she states 'i can't remember the last time you told me that'. I point out i want her and she muses 'i don't think you want me because you want me, but because you don't want anyone else to have me'. You know how a cat plays with a mouse? That's how I would describe her actions towards me. So a few weeks pass of me telling her how I feel about her.. we talk on the phone.. she tries to control the situation by telling me she thinks its better that she remains in my life, but if I want to cut her out that's up to me but I should let her know before that, but she thinks i would regret it. (?) I viewed that as a threat of sorts. Then four days later she messages me to say she can't remember how the conversation went, but she's deleting my contact information, don't email her at work, do'nt contact her siblings. I don't respond. A month later she sends me an angry message, telling me she is glad she didn't give me a chance. I didn't reply to that either. I feel like i'm in limbo a little. I don't understand why she got back in touch.
We actually went on holiday together and the day after... she essentially broadsided by asking me if I thought we had a future together.. I was leaving the next day to go see my family... I was shocked and taken aback by it.
Now I just view it as calculating. To go on holiday with some one... and then do that afterwards... the logical part of my brain can't make any sense of that. It would of been more straight forward to tell me not to come and not go through that charade.

21