My boyfriend had all the talks of having a future with me and then randomly ends things three days later?

Anonymous
Okay. So before I get into my story, both of us are 21, I know that's young but things were going really well on both ends.

So my boyfriend and I have been together for around a year and have been official for seven months. Everything seemed to be going great, everyone thought we were perfect together. I have never once pressured him into settling down, it was always him who had talks of the future with me.

We got in an argument this past Sunday due to a past fling texting him while he was drunk and I had said I was done. I didn't want to compete with another girl because I know I deserved better than that. The following day when he was sober, he cried and begged and pleaded me back. He said no other girl could ever compare to me, no other person meant as much to him as I did, and I was the only one he wanted in his future.

so I forgave him and said we could work through it.

fast forward three days later and he says he can't do it anymore. He can't be in a committed relationship. He doesn't know what he's doing with his life with school and work, and basically had a meltdown.

What in the world am I supposed to do? This completely came out of nowhere. Everything was fine! I keep re-reading the messages from Sunday and see how heartfelt they appeared to be. And he turns around and does this. he's always always been an indecisive person but everyone thought he had changed and grown up because of me. Even his friends were completely shocked when I went to them to get advice.

I really need some more advice. Do I just let him go?

2
1