Just got dumped. How to get rid of the sadness soon?

As title suggested, just got ghosted and dumped.
Really painful and heartbroken now.
Any tips to get rid of my sorrow and stop thinking about him?
Please help.

518

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing is going to make you get over it in an instant. Things take time to get over. While hobbies and keeping busy is a good thing, alone time and reflection are equally important. It's perfectly normal to talk about your ex for a while, and a time will come when you can talk about them and not really miss them, or try to back step and wonder, "What did I do wrong?" "Could I have made it work?" Etc etc. Also, just remember you never make your life better by making it worse. Don't spiral out of control with drugs, alcohol, or excessive spending/risky behavior. Things will work out for the best, just take your time and don't leap into another relationship off the bat. Chances are you will pick someone worse or with poor judgement, and that will leave you even more damaged in the long term.

• I think you mentioned almost all the points that I should be aware.
      Won't jump into another relationship anysoon as I really don't wanna get hurt again.
      Thanks for your great reminders!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just think about other things, go out with your friends, have fun, work, work out, talk to other guys look flawless girl, go shopping, have a new haircut etc.
    Depending on how long you've been together you can forget him even in a couple of days. It doesn't take me more than 2 days.
    ONE THING: don't stay at home alone, you'll drown in your thoughts.

What Guys Said 17

• Reflect on human nature and opportunism and try to recognize the individual selfishness of our species. One thing I can say is fate is funny and always seems to let the selfish find their bottom while the selfless rise up. The “dumpee” is always hurts up front while the “dumper” will have regret later. Seen it too many times--

• Make a voodoo doll and stick him full of pins. Then do something new, or go somewhere new, just make sure you won' t see or hear of him when you try the new things.

• It takes time, but the more you make yourself think of things other than him and things that don't remind you of him the better and quicker you will get past this

• It's what I am trying my best to do, but it's really hard to get him out of mind. Thanks for suggestions.

• get out of the house, get together with your friends and do something. or Start binge watching a tv show

• dont worry, time will heal you. it does sucks a lot tho. im always here for you if you need to talk to anyone.

• TinyHope-Been there too. Just keep moving and don't
    dwell on it. Which I know is hard, if you need to talk PM me.

• Rejoice that you are not locked in a bad relationship/marriage that is difficult to get out of. Think of all the opportunity you now have to find a GREAT guy.

And you look Asian and cute, so smart guys should be interested in you if you are as nice as you look!

• grow some back bone and move on... you have no alternative (besides chocolate and romance movies... . and tears... so many MANY tears)

• Sucks a lot.
    That just means one thing... the best is still to come !

• maybe meet your friends and go do something new and exciting

• Drink heavily.

• Ohhh that's sad... usually what your should do is watch action movies or listen to songs and such or watc something comedy...
    Watch you favorite TV show or sitcom/Netflix!

Eventually you will get over him... And take all the time in the world..

• Thanks for advice.
      by the way, seeing all the ages of answerers I found myself too old to be here :/

• Well there are many people of your age here... It's just that sometimes people don't really comment on some questions.. Sometimes

• Oh okay lol
      Most peope here are younger though :)

• Get rid of being alone soon

• Go and have yourself a fling play the field!

• It's easier said than done but focus on you, hang out with friends, and do stuff that makes you happy. It may not completely help but it should somewhat.

Just don't go on the rebound. It won't make you happier and it's unfair to the person.

I got rebounded my 2nd time recently and it took me awhile to get over it. Made me feel really shitty.

• @TooBlessed yeah it's where you date someone right after getting out of a relationship and you're not over the ex. You're basically using someone for an ego boost

• I know rebound sucks, so, no, I won't do that. Thanks!

• Have fun doing things you enjoy either by yourself and with friends. Some people also suggest having sex with other people, if you're ready for that.

• I don't think having sex is for me for the time being lol

• Then go out and paint the town red with your friends, throw some eggs. Just have a good time doing whatever.

• I'll try to. Thanks!

• Fuckkkkk

What Girls Said 4

• The best thing to do is to surround yourself with your friends and maybe try taking up a new hobby. It will take time to get over the sadness but being with your friends can help take your mind off it a lot. Good luck!

• Thanks for advice. It's awful to remind myself of what happened when telling friends about it though :(

• I know it's horrible :( I went through the same thing two years ago when my ex and I broke up and it was awful :( But you will get through it, trust me, you will end up being happier than you ever were :)

• Thank you. Hope I can get through this soon.
      Good luck to you too girl!

• Find a hobby which will make ur mind busy

• That happened to me my boyfriend new girlfriend told they were dating and I have to break up with him my mom and sisters found out and tried to hide his new girlfriend from me because and i just started dating him and he already wanted to kiss and hold hands which I never done before

• I read the Holy Bible, ask God to give me wisdom, and focus on now and the future not what was.