Girl friends mom forcing us to break up?

So I have been dating my girlfriend for almost nine months I'm a freshman in college and she's a sophomore we were in school together and fell in love. Well her mom has decided to break us up because she wants her daughter dating around with other guys and is forcing us to break up. My girlfriend loves me and I love her and we don't want to break up we love each other a lot and we don't find it fair and her mom no matter what won't change her mind. I love her so much and she does too. I don't think I could live seeing her with another man. And she doesn't want to date anyone else she said and I said the same thing we love each other and I have no idea what to do. Neither does she all we know is that we love each other so much. Someone please tell me what to do in this tough situation we only have 7 months left together and her mom is breaking us up at the end of the first week of summer. I love her but I just don't know what to do I have talked to her mom and so has she about how she feels I am just falling apart and so is she.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen, her daughter is a young woman. There is a real serious problem, and her mom doesn't like you for some reason. Her caught should not be dating around. She sounds like she is envious and has issues. You both needs to stand up with this. You two don't sound like you have problems. If you don't stay together, guess what, she will be miserable and probably not date anybody. Her mother is wrong. This is where I say, you two stay together and if you two want to get married, get married. I bet you her mom is single. Her daughter, your girlfriend chose YOU. And she needs to stand up and tell her mother that she has already made her choice. She needs to drop it. Her mom doesn't know what she is talking about. Focus on your relationship, you two make a choice. I say get married and heck with the mother. Let her whine all day. Do what you two have to do.

• her daughter should not be dating around. *

• Her mom threatens to file a fake rape charge if we don't comply she black mails and she's married by the way and her husband hates me because he thinks I'm not successful? I'm in college lol

• Wow , I suggest that you two get all of this on recording. Because be prepared for a lawsuit. Blackmail and false rape allegations will land both her parents in jail.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how she can really stop you two. She can't force her daughter to date another guy. A worse case scenario would be lying to her mom about seeing each other and in a few years move in together. I would be respectful to her mom though. Her mom thinks she's helping her daughter and she probably doesn't give you much credibility as a 18 year old. There's a good chance her mom may feel differently in a few years and may regret what she's trying to do now.

Her mom may think all 18 year olds are bad influences. She may think her daughter needs to be alone to study or grow. She may think 18 and 15 is taboo and bad. If you two are a great couple, I would ignore her irrationality, and eventually the mom will likely change her mind.

• Her mom won't change her mind but her mom. But a friend told me that if our love is really true then she will come back to me in two years when she's 18. Just hurts to know I only have 7 months left with her we never have had a fight ever in our relationship. I told her from the beginning of our relationship that I don't fight and I don't lie to the person I care about. And I have always been honest with her and have nothing to hide because I love her just going to mess me up about this whole thing.

• Yeah her mom probably realized as she got older that she didn't realize what she wanted in a guy when her daughters age so she's trying to help her daughter. Of course, there are people that have found their partner even at 15 and stayed married for 60 years. It sounds like you two have a good situation based on what I've seen and you're cute together. I wouldn't be angry at her mom though. She's trying to help her daughter. I doubt her issue is with you. If you stay with her (even if you don't do sexual things besides like kissing which I think is legal), and you treat her daughter well and get along, I bet her mom will accept you in a year or two.

• We kiss that's not bad