Does my ex actually want me back ?

We were together for almost a year, and have been broken up for 3 months. I never pined after him as such, so he doesn't know I'm still crazy in love with him. We hooked up twice post break up but I put a stop to it, because I wanted all or nothing with him. He was really apologetic about his behavior. The last time we spoke on the phone, he was really jealous when I mentioned this guy in passing, who supposedly likes me. Now, since it's been Easter break we haven't seen each other, but he's recently been texting me everyday. The content ranges from friendly, to flirty and sometimes nostalgic. He is really shy and finds it hard to express his feelings, I was just wondering what this new found interest may mean, it's just that I really can't be his friend, if I saw him with someone else it would kill me. I think the same for him, but he doesn't realize the extent. Most of the time when we communicate, it is like it was when we were going out, bar the bf'/gf title.

I don't know what to make of the situation.. please help .. thanks :)

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like you two both still love each other. So then what's the problem? I don't see why you can't tell him you want him back? Where's the harm in that?

I've actually had this happen to me before.

I thought I was in still in love with my ex after I saw him with another girl.

It really hurt to see him with her at the time, and it took me awhile to realize that I wasn't in love with him.

I just was afraid of losing our friendship cause this other girl.

no matter what he'll always love you in a way.

You two had something special and he won't forget that.

I mean if you want him back go for it don't wait until another girls swoops in.

but if you really just want his friendship, let him move on, you

two will always have that friendship/something special.

• Thanks for the advice. I do think I need to be brave and tell him that I want him back. I can't stop how I feel about him, and I know I definitely can't be his friend. I don't need another girl to be in the picture to let me know that I'm still in love with him, since I always have been. But you're right I should just be straight up about it. Getting a bit too old for what feels like high school drama. lol. thanks again :) x

• N' e' time(: & try & be straight forward about it.

• WELL IT LOOKS LIKE IF BOTH OF YOU STILL WANT TO BE TOGETHER BUT YOU AREN'T SURE IF HE WANTS YOU BACK OR NOT AND YOUR JUST NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU SHOULD DO RIGHT WELL MY ADVICE IS TO ASK HIM IF HE STILL WANTS TO BE WITH YOU IF NOT YOU SHOULD JUST MOVE ON AND IF YEAS WELL TRY TO CHANGE THINGS AROUND A LITTLE SO IT WON'T BE THE SAME THING THAT BREAKS YOU UP