This guy stopped contacting me the last couple weeks, I tried to end it by saying I was changing my number but he asked for the new one, what now?

LoveHolyGod
He stopped contacting me when we used to talk everyday, after a week or so I just texted him that I was changing my number and I wish him the best, I thought he would either ignore it or say okay but instead asked for the new phone number for some reason I don't understand. I wanted to cut my losses and move on. I didn't reply, it's been a few days or so and now I am realizing if he wanted me in his life, he would have kept on or been contacting me like he was so I would rather just end it. What is the best message to send him now to just end it?
2
2