My ex and I have been broken up a week and he's drunk texted me, still talking to me, hasn't gotten his stuff.. etc?

Bri2016
For clarification we're both 21.

my boyfriend and I have been broken up (his doing) for a week. He's still talking to me and hasn't asked for his large amount of stuff back..

he drunk texted me last night saying how much he missed me but i don't know if I even believe him. He apparently got trashed at a party with some guy friends.

his whole excuse for ending things a week ago was that he needed to find himself before he could be with me. He didn't know what he wanted and he just needed to figure things out. I asked him if he still even wanted me (as I don't want to be led on) and he said "I mean yes it's just hard for me to explain... I just need to find myself enough to be with you like I just need time"

he he also knows I planned on going out with some guy friends tonight and mentioned possibly seeing me out... I don't mind respecting his need for time but I don't want to just be strung along and put on the back burner as an option.

i need help on this :/

4
0