Drunk girlfriend randomly breaks up with me?

Hey so my girlfriend of 3 years just rang me up out of the blue and ended our relationship, she said she finally had the courage and just said its over and hung up. Im confused today was a normal day in our relationship we talked on the phone like 5 times and said i love you in fact she was the first person to ring me just as i got out of bed. Really heartbroken here i love her and we have a 3 year old daughter. I just hope its the drink talking but she took down our relationship status on facebook. Any replies i would appreciate it.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You two really need to talk about it, no point just overthinking it and letting it slide, it's something that needs to be discussed ASAP :)

• Do you think i should just wait for her to contact me? I guess ill know my answer then in the morning?

• nah waiting will just cause you two freak out with what's happening, I think the best is to contact her and tell her what you think and that your wanting to know what is happening with you two

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh dear! Hold yourself together. I know it's easy said than done. The fact is, there are many nice women out there who are looking for a man like you.

Let's face it, she didn't randomly breakup with you, she breakup with you. A wise person once said:

"It is what is in the head
    When there is no wine in the head
    That comes when there is wine in the head"

In my last breakup, the following worked for me; it could work for you too.

# Step 1
    The first thing I do is accepting I cannot switch off my feelings for her like a switch light.

# Step 2
    I feel the hurtful feelings of breaking up rather than diverting attention from them. It doesn't matter if it takes a day, week or month. Diverting focus from the hurtful feelings only decelerate the recovery process.

# Step 3
    I accept she is no longer with me, instead of nursing hope and fighting to win her back. This is the biggest mistake I made in my first breakup. It only heightens the pain and prolongs the recovery process.

# Step 4
    I focus on the good memories she brought to my life, and on things I would have loved to experience with her. This shifts my mind from hurtful to positive emotions. The mistake I made with my first breakup is I focused on her frailties to convince myself she wasn't beautiful enough. I was merely lying to myself because if she wasn't good enough I won't have been with her in the first place.

# Step 5
    I remove items (e. g. clothes, cosmetics, pictures, etc.) that I associate with her. I also block and delete all her phone number, email address and other forms of communication like whatsapp, etc., including the contacts of some of her friends.

# Step 6
    While carrying out the above five steps I engage quite a lot in activities, such as meditation, running, gym and strolling in the woods and park. I set important activities to do daily, and focus on completing them.

# Step 7
    I draw inspiration from my first breakup. I flash my mind back and challenge my behaviours and thoughts. My world didn't crumble. I dated beautiful girls after that. I then flash my mind back to current breakup. It then suddenly changes my perspective, confidence and mood. It's like telling myself I have been through this before, and came out stronger 6 to 12 months after the breakup.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Let her sober up and then talk about it then.

• Murder her OP. Dump the bodies in the ocean. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• I highly recommend you take that break-up and run. She's crazy unstable.