If your ex texted you , will you?

What if your ex texted you and he/she as the one who broke your heart?
  • Talk friendly to her/him even if she/he broke your heart
    Vote A
  • Talk and try to make the conversation longer
    Vote B
  • Talk but stay distant
    Vote C
  • Don't respond at all
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
What would you do?
Any more opinions?

2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• What would be the message about?

She is married and has a child now. Not much to talk, plus she wasn't that good at sharing emotions back then, so... But if she'd reach out, I'd read to what she has to say, i'd answer in a polite way. no doubt there will also be some stronger heartbeats there, some flashbacks of how it was, but i would essentially make sure to keep the distance and cut it short.

Do you wany to send a mesaage to your ex?

1|0
    0|0
    • No actually my ex texted me.

• Show All
    • first reaction: what the fuck is his problem.
      so are asking if you are rude for not saying goodnight. I'd say you did not. He kept giving those weird replies. If you would have replied with "whatever.." to his good night, then that would have been rude

If it was my ex acting like that i'd send her a message and say: look, if even in the given circumstances you play mind games and instead of saying what you want, you beat around the bush with nonsense, then i would rather spare myself the trouble and mind my business.

i understand it is painful, but on the long run, it will hurt you more to get random and meaningless messages from him out of the blue.
      plus as he did not say much, i guess he was just checking to see if you are in pain and miss him. "Yeah, hold my hand, while i suffer for we broke up. See how much i suffer? But i don't want you back either. Just stand by me, while i get over you". I could hear him say that.

• Yes, I totally agree with you, he is just playing with words, afraid to say what he has to say so that he will get dumped as he did to me. I think he was either considering for a longer convo but at the same time he excepts me to be overjoyed at him iniating the contact, and when I was not, he got offense, I think he probably has something to say but he is afraid that´s all, the thing is I will ignore him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be Civil, Somewhat Polite but don't Make it a Total... Delight.
    He May have Some Sort of Motive in his Mind, @Pink26, and until you Know it may Be... Stay Way at the top your Juicy Apple Tree, Hard to Get and to Grab right now.
    Good luck and Thanks for your Invite, dear. xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I will talk friendly because there is no reason to have ill will or anger towards a person whom you loved so dearly before.. Just hear what she has to say.

1|0
    0|0
    • Most people tend to stay distant especially if that person broke their heart and made them pass through a hard time. It's not always easy.

• I have a different philosophy in life. Love is a two sided process. Even if one person is unhappy in the relationship , there is no reason for the relationship to survive. Love is the pillar of the relationship and if there is no love , it is better to terminate it on good terms.

• Depends on my mood if i have feelings i would talk and try to make the conversation longer. I know it is pathetic af. Or i would talk but stay distant. I am pretty sure ill respond. and i will not just speak friendly. all or nothing xD

1|0
    0|0
    • Most of the time, even if we have feelings for the person, we tr to stay distant to show them you're no longer into them, bc as long as you show interest, you'll always be easy to reach!

• Well, I am tend to not approach a person if she isn't interested to me. Also after my crush rejected me. which i was pretty sure she loves me as i love her. I won't ever try anything romantic as long as i am super sure she has feelings for me. First i think about "Talk and try to make the conversation longer." Because i still love my crush xD

• haha I agree!

• Never had a girlfriend, but It really depends on the circumstances. Breaking my heart I would probably say no because that usually involves the other person liking someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd just block the cunts.

Besides, relationships are for the weak.

Emotional fornicators and cheating season. Too many immature, morally weak women who waste my time and play with my emotions.

Glad to live the single life.

2|0
    1|0
  • *sigh* this is the question!! This is indeed the question...

I don't think I can hate her, and I've tried. I've tried because she's pretty selfish. But if she came back well...
    24.media.tumblr.com/.../...8uvEGK1ts7f01o1_500.gif

media.giphy.com/media/Mwh0XtZWZIjw4/giphy.gif

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd talk distantly until I find out their intentions. If they want to get back together, I only do it if there's a possibility of sex being involved. If not, then not.

1|0
    2|1
  • I'd treat her like a person and ask why she is calling. No reason to be rude.. what's done is done. I wouldn't lead her on in any way though,

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd hear them out and reply, but I think that's as far as I'd go.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, a ex is ex for a reason is the way i see things.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Texting people have to be pretty important to me to get away with such informal use of my time
    even though ironically email is more attractive to me
    Advice for bad exs - better send USPS a card to warm me up with contact options, then maybe I'll use a fav one to respond... since I know your ambush methods for getting what you want, no matter the cost to others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Had this happen after being together 10 years and him cheating. 4 years later I had an apology. I ignored it as he's not part of my life anymore.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well done, because cheating after 10 years is not easy at all. But how did you get over him after 10 years😵

• Show All
    • That's so true. Thanks for the kind words!

• You deserve it☺️

• Personally, it wouldn't be possible for an ex to contact me. After a breakup I "burn all bridges" so I cut all means of contact.

Heartbreak is painful, and can take some people a long time to get over it or accept it. It can take a long time for them to get back up on their feet again , and rebuild their life and regain their strength. So I'd never go back to a person who
    " knocked" me down , after it took me all my strength to get " back up" again. No one ever gets the chance to hurt me a second time. That's just me though.

It depends on if you want to remain friends with him, or want to give him a second chance.

After someone hurts you, and all of a sudden they contact you... being distant is an initial , automatic response, because you naturally become guarded with someone who's hurt you in the past. It's a natural automatic defence mechanism to prevent you from being emotionally hurt again

1|0
    0|0
  • It happened actually after no contact for 3 or 4 months.
    And I replied to him. He was the one to break my heart. Now we are friends again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ben... smdh.

If he ever texted me somehow and tried to talk to me, I'd probably reply but be very cold and distant. Mainly to see what he wants. If its nothing or to get back together etc I'd just ignore him after that. I'd be cool with getting closure but tbh I dont think he cares at all about how bad he hurt me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how the relationship ended. If it was mutual I'd stay distant: if he was a dick I would act like a dick back.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If he write about something serious, then I'ld reply. But if he write about his feelings or such, I'ld delete it

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter who texts me, I'll always be nice enough to respond... 90% of the time

1|1
    0|0
  • Stay distant but maybe talk

1|0
    0|0
  • in between b and c

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes