How can I break up with someone in a complicated situation?

Im 17 years old, I have been dating a girl for 7 monts (roughly) now, it's been a while (couple months) that i have been thinking about breaking things off, things just aren't going anywhere and i dont seem to feel very much for her. I still want to be friends though, we share the same group of friends, and i see here every day for a half hour on the way to work, i really want things to be okay between us and with the rest of the group. I know she really likes me though, and am really scared to hurt her. i know there isn't really a way to do this damage free, but what is a good way to minimize the damage?

I have never had to break up with someone before, last time someone broke up with me, and i found out before she had confronted me, so she never even actually had to say it

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Very important that you don't drag this out any further than you already have. Do NOT ignore/stonewall her (aka ghosting) - as that will just make it hurt 10 times worse. She deserves more respect than that. I would just set up a meeting with her face-to-face at a neutral location and tell her your reasons in a sensitive way. Here is some good advice I found online: www.bustle.com/.../19248-7-nice-ways-to-break-up-with-someone

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say things aren't working out and haven't been for a while.