Unfortunately broke up with ex, she then says she broke up with me?

Until about 3 weeks ago I was in a long distance relationship with a girl. In total it lasted 2.5 months.

So three weeks ago...
We had a Skype conversation and she said that she "doesn't miss me and doesn't know when she is coming over". I consider that as a sign she wants to break up, so just told her I wanted to stop skyping at that point and I hung up.

She insisted that "we have to fix this now, and that she doesn't want to break up". I told her that I was not in the mood at that point. But she kept insisting, so we started another conversation almost immediately. In which she says "she lost her passion for me, she doesn't love me". So at that point it was pretty clear that she wanted me to break up with her, so I did.

So after about two hours of cooling down I asked her "what she meant by not wanting to break up", she replied "no, I want to break up".

Later that night she apps me that "she has dumped me".

So I clearly took the heartbreaking step in breaking up with her. But then she says she dumped me!

Why would she turn around "who dumped who" like this?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Dignity.

• Yes either this or she actually did want to break up. It's difficult to decide.