Why is it so easy for a guy to move on?

anaonef
My ex and I dated for 2 years (throughout highschool). He was very serious about the relstionship and did talk about the future. I was leaving for university and he was always so sure about long distance. But then he changed his mind and we broke up mutually. He was very upset about it and broke down the day before saying he can't lose me. We decided we still want to be friends though.

2 weeks after the breakup he came to meet me while I was with my friends. One month later I called him up to ask him why he changed his mind so suddenly. He said he has been thinking about it and after talking to his sister he realised. He took the decision after thinking for just two days. On the phone he was so casual about it and told me he has moved on quite a bit. Said he goes out a lot and so it was easier for him and I am taking a gap year so I am still stuck.

When I asked about whether he was open to a relationship in the future he suddenly changed his mind as said no way, because its "weird". He was so normal about it. He said Im sorry but its the truth I would not at all be open to it and that hurt so much. He said its not like we aren't going to like and be with other people. He even went on and confessed he does find some girl attractive.

"I know it seems fast but this is who I am, why can't we just be friends, etc etc". I can't believe he is already onto the next girl in 4 weeks. We were togther for over 2 years. He is so different all of a sudden and this is hurting me so much. I feel like the breakup happened for other reasons.

I dont know how to deal with this I feel so betrayed because he was talking about me like what we had was so casual and was so insensitive to how I would feel. He then told me he would call back and never did. What do I do.. He is SO DIFFERENT suddenly and I just can't stop hurting.
Why is it so easy for a guy to move on?
3
1