Have you ever missed an ex?

Let's say it's being already a year after an breakup without your ex?
Have you felt missing him, or missing the stuff you get used to do both together?
Thanks!

105

Most Helpful Girl

• Might miss some of the things I did with him, but after a year, probably not so much... but that is the question: is time an Engraver or Eraser? Many people get stuck and can't seem to move forward. Best Advice: Keep the good memories, but go make more of them with someone else once it is over!!

• I have to listen up to you.

• I try to give all of my advice based on experience personally. I have been hurt throughout my life, and I have given hurt too! But after a long time you realize that missing people is okay to do! Because they passed through your life, the experience you had with them will help make you who you ultimately turn out to be. It is okay to miss someone, just don't be clingy toward them, and sometimes it is easier said than done, but be strong and don't let them know it at all!!! Best of Luck! Don't give power where is shouldn't be!!!

• thanks much for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure everyone does this, but hopefully it's not excessive. Like... I had a pretty ugly divorce. She accused me of domestic violence, tried to get it so that I couldn't see the kids, etc. In the end, it didn't work but while I never actually miss her, I do look fondly upon some of the past times we had together. And this is someone who my friends and family wish ill upon! So if someone can look fondly on the past of someone like that, I would expect that people in general will catch themselves doing the same thing for their more normal breakups.

That said, if the missing is intense heartbreak, then I don't think that's normal. I feel that if someone isn't over a breakup after 3 months, they're doing things to ensure that they don't get over it.

• I really don't know just something kills me with each day gone, sometimes I feel myself more nervours, more angry, becoming more colder to the others.

• I don't know. I agree with @Cerate I miss some of the moments, but I don't miss her. And it's not just because things got so ugly. I don't miss any of the ex-girlfriends and quite frankly, the way you talk about it, it makes me think that you don't want to move on. I think you should try dating someone new, but not someone you want to date -- someone you actually don't want to date like an unattractive girl or something. But when you date her, treat her like she's the most amazing thing ever. I think that it might help you learn how to give again and get you out of this rut of wallowing in self-pity while not actually risking anything for yourself.

• I'd say I'm afraid to date another girl which I don't like, in my mind my soul is saying:
      "You have to find an better girl, than your ex-girlfriend" only in this way you'll be able to make her regret for leavin you and you'll feel also happy, since she broke your heart.