Have you ever missed an ex?

Let's say it's being already a year after an breakup without your ex?
Have you felt missing him, or missing the stuff you get used to do both together?
Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Might miss some of the things I did with him, but after a year, probably not so much... but that is the question: is time an Engraver or Eraser? Many people get stuck and can't seem to move forward. Best Advice: Keep the good memories, but go make more of them with someone else once it is over!!

0|2
    0|0
    • I have to listen up to you.

• I try to give all of my advice based on experience personally. I have been hurt throughout my life, and I have given hurt too! But after a long time you realize that missing people is okay to do! Because they passed through your life, the experience you had with them will help make you who you ultimately turn out to be. It is okay to miss someone, just don't be clingy toward them, and sometimes it is easier said than done, but be strong and don't let them know it at all!!! Best of Luck! Don't give power where is shouldn't be!!!

• thanks much for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure everyone does this, but hopefully it's not excessive. Like... I had a pretty ugly divorce. She accused me of domestic violence, tried to get it so that I couldn't see the kids, etc. In the end, it didn't work but while I never actually miss her, I do look fondly upon some of the past times we had together. And this is someone who my friends and family wish ill upon! So if someone can look fondly on the past of someone like that, I would expect that people in general will catch themselves doing the same thing for their more normal breakups.

That said, if the missing is intense heartbreak, then I don't think that's normal. I feel that if someone isn't over a breakup after 3 months, they're doing things to ensure that they don't get over it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really don't know just something kills me with each day gone, sometimes I feel myself more nervours, more angry, becoming more colder to the others.

• I don't know. I agree with @Cerate I miss some of the moments, but I don't miss her. And it's not just because things got so ugly. I don't miss any of the ex-girlfriends and quite frankly, the way you talk about it, it makes me think that you don't want to move on. I think you should try dating someone new, but not someone you want to date -- someone you actually don't want to date like an unattractive girl or something. But when you date her, treat her like she's the most amazing thing ever. I think that it might help you learn how to give again and get you out of this rut of wallowing in self-pity while not actually risking anything for yourself.

• I'd say I'm afraid to date another girl which I don't like, in my mind my soul is saying:
      "You have to find an better girl, than your ex-girlfriend" only in this way you'll be able to make her regret for leavin you and you'll feel also happy, since she broke your heart.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• i won't miss him. in fact, i will miss the moments we had together occasionally. but most importantly, we should let go of the past.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah let go of past, but I believe this is hard for some people..

• hard doesn't mean impossible. It can be years and not letting go, but once you meet the right one, you will naturally let it go.

• So every person meet's the right person in time when doesn't expect it.

• yes dude my little girls dad broke up with me before our child was born I didn't got over him for 3 years until I met my fiancé back in October 2013 . Back in late 2012 I would listen to his songs go eat at the restaurants he took me on dates I wanted him back but he was to busy having fun while I was being a moma.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first boyfriend and I broke up because I moved away. I still really liked him then, so I wonder sometimes what things would have been like if we had tried long distance. We broke up a bit over a year ago.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you talk to each other?

• We used to, but now we only do so very rarely.

• Different interests are heading to different life.
      Perhaps you might have only fun in future, if you wish to talk to each other.

• Yes it´s normal to miss an ex, but let me clear things up for you. We don't necessarly miss that person as much as we miss the moments we had with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah probably the moments and happiness we used to had with this person.

• Show All
    • Oh, actually if you feel like you need to talk to her, go ahead, no need to hide your feelings then.

• I can't just talk to her she ignored me in all possible way you can imagine.
      I feel hurt about it, she just didn't want to talk at all. She have another boyfriend (mutual friend)
      I just gotta keep straight and try not to look back.

• Yes, I think almost everyone has, even if they were the one who initiated the break up.

But, after a year, I probably would have moved on.

0|0
    0|0
    • In my case I don't know, I believe I still didn't move on... It tortures me, I dream and often think about her... Life is sometimes unfair.

• Yes... my last ex took me a year and a half to get over... and I initiated the breakup...

0|0
    0|0
    • The question is why, I believe some girls boost their self esteem and think they are irreplaceble, in fact it's not like that. They believe they deserve something better and leave the right person, just to get some satisfaction from another man, which is selfish and unrespectable.

• Show All
    • I think that get back together is an impossible thing, she is dating someone else, she don't care for me. When we broke up she ignored me in any possible way after I tried to contacting her...
      Couple months later I just give up, I was sick just to watch she ignore me and things like that...

• I would say just try to let go. I l know its hard as hell to do... but you have to if you want to heal...

• Of course, but then I remember why we broke up and it was for the best.

0|0
    0|0
    • So at least some piece left inside your soul.

• Show All
    • That is a nice (and even a bit poetic) way of thinking about it :)

• Haha thanks! One day I'm dreaming how I'll become an actor or writer, but gotta do my best.
      We live only once and we shall never give up.

• I've missed an ex so much that i got back together just to find out that he already been there with my mom's cousin's bff

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, but i guess after a year we don't necessarily miss that person (even though it seems like that). i guess we miss the feeling we had with them, cuddling, being gentle to each other, having someone to hug, kiss and lie on your bed watching movies or whatever is that you liked doing with your ex. i was also convinced that i wanted my ex but after a long consideration i realized that what i really missed is having someone special in my life

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I recently got over my ex girlfriend, took me about a year and a half after breaking up
    When you have something good, love someone and have them betray you, yeah it hurts and takes a while to move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes happens to me sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never. I move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but only until I fucked her and dumped her again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes