Why would my ex boyfriend text me everyday?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago because he said he didn't see a future with me. Although I didn't want the relationship to end and I felt blindsided by it, it wasn't an ugly breakup. I was devastated but I didn't contact him at all. He texted me about a month afterwards and said that he hoped I was doing well. All I said back was thanks, you too. Then periodically after that he kept texting trying to make small talk but I stopped replying after a few texts back and forth. Then finally we started having full on conversations and have been since then. He initiates contact every time, and we text every single day. He hasn't mentioned what he's wanting though, whether it's a friendship or he wants to get back together. We hung out the other night and cuddled while watching a movie. But we just cuddled, no kissing or anything else so I don't think he's wanting a friends with benefits. I'm just really confused on why he broke up with me because he didn't see me in his future, yet now we're talking everyday as if he does want me in his future. I'm scared to ask him because I don't want to be rejected again.
Why would my ex boyfriend text me everyday?
Add Opinion