My ex asks me to give his money back, should I pay?

So i dated a guy for 8 months. while we were together sometimes i had money issues and he was trying to give me money. i never wanted to take it but cuz he said just pay him back when i have it. then we been broke for 18 months and he knows im getting marry he texted me to ask for money back. after broke up we still sometimes talking like friends and i did asked him to pay back couple times but he never want to get it. so should i pay him or not?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• If there was an agreement to pay it back, then yes, pay him back. Otherwise, he really doesn't have much of a legal standing to collect it.

I chalk up any money that was exchanged between me and previous GFs as money lost. Unrecoverable. It is what it is, take that to the next relationship and learn from it.