My ex asks me to give his money back, should I pay?

So i dated a guy for 8 months. while we were together sometimes i had money issues and he was trying to give me money. i never wanted to take it but cuz he said just pay him back when i have it. then we been broke for 18 months and he knows im getting marry he texted me to ask for money back. after broke up we still sometimes talking like friends and i did asked him to pay back couple times but he never want to get it. so should i pay him or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If there was an agreement to pay it back, then yes, pay him back. Otherwise, he really doesn't have much of a legal standing to collect it.

I chalk up any money that was exchanged between me and previous GFs as money lost. Unrecoverable. It is what it is, take that to the next relationship and learn from it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• was it a lot of money? if so then he may need it and has deemed you to now be in a postion to repay him... kinda fair enough though with out a written contract its more a moral issue than having any legality. conversely if its not that much then i would say he is being petty and needs to get over himself

0|0
    0|0
  • If you had an agreement, even just verbal, then yes! Be an adult and pay back what you owe!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. He loaned you the money. He didn't give it to you as a gift.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, give him his money back.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes